Media Law

They seriously need to deregulate internet connections so there is some competition here and we can have speeds like those bastions of the first world, Bulgaria, Latvia and Romania.

Really, so the power the citizen has to change channels or to not buy the Clarin newspaper does not count?

This is exactly the point Camberiu. Corporations like Clarín because of their economic power have a huge advantage over the individual citizen. That is how they were able to amass this inordinate amount of power: undemocratically abusing public resources and taking advantage of corrupt dictators. But citizens can band together and overcome this power. That is what a government should be: citizens banding together to fight against illegitimate power structures. The Ley de los Medios is a great example of this type of action: supported by most citizens, validated by the three branches of government. This is boycotting Clarín but on a much larger scale.

The Old Fxxxs approved the Media Law, Shame Shame Zaffaroni,, All the new Media permits go to Pro K owners without bidding ,,,, well 2 years from now the New Regime will tilt the balance in the opposite direction :cool: Who cares about Paka Paka

The importance of the law is for the coming governments, after all, the Ks will go some day soon, and Clarin will still be there, overthrowing governments, as they did before, with Alfonsin, with De la Rua, and tried with the Ks. They have the power to be above of what people want and choose to govern. They are above the will of the people.

BBC, impartial? Since when?

well, I dont know, I thought it was. What I meant is what D2BA said, an institution, nothing cooptated by the people in charge. National, in the wide sense of the word.

The Ley de los Medios is a great example of this type of action: supported by most citizens, validated by the three branches of government. This is boycotting Clarín but on a much larger scale.

I see....So most citizens "support the Ley de los Medios", but they are unable to turn the channel by themselves, got it.

What about people who want to watch Clarin's network? They don't count because they are making the wrong viewing choice?

This shouldhave been passed with some guarantee's around the diversity of opinion for the channels which would follow. if all we have to watch ius pro govt (today & tomorrow) channels, then the media has been weakened.

Yeah, I remember, right before the disgrace of the Iraq war, the wonderful work of investigative journalism done by the BBC..........

They have been rightly hammered for that, as an example of how they allowed themselves to be politically influenced. In comparison to media here and in South America the BBC is a fantastically impartial organisation.

I get it though, they receive public funding and you are going sidetrack us with the usual spiel "no public funding in anything ever" by smashing us into submission with the same point repeated ad nauseum.

Can't wait...

Back