Medical / Travel Insurance

ElleeB

Registered
Been here 6 months with UK travel Insurance but because of cancer diagnosis 5 years ago having trouble getting policy renewed for another 6 months to extend my stay. Also insurance company will only consider extension if I have a ticket home and I dont want to book a ticket as I dont know when I want to go back or where from. Wondering if I can medical insurance out here even though I am not officially a resident and only in possession of a tourist visa.. Anyone able to help with advice?

I believe you can. I recommend OMINT. Why not go and ask them?

http://www.omint.com.ar/website2/default.aspx?tabid=1504

As a reference, Galeno Health has a basic program for $3463 per month, only needs passport and sworn statement indicating pre existences if any.Cost Varies per age group.

Contact Armando Gutierrez 154558 2798 English?

https://www.e-galeno.com.ar/Pages/default.aspx

good luck

My osde is almost 4500$ per month now.

Inflation!

But i love OSDE. Its the BEST.

----

For my travel out of Argentina, I use

Globalrescue.com

The BEST!

My osde is almost 4500$ per month now.

Inflation!

But i love OSDE. Its the BEST.

----

For my travel out of Argentina, I use

Globalrescue.com

The BEST!

Clearly you guys believe in trip insurance.
I'm leaving soon for a vacation in Mexico. I thought about buying trip/medical insurance but I've read so many stories about difficulty collecting and seeing the limits on what we could collect, it just doesnt seem like a good investment. The overwhelming likelihood is that we'd come back to Arg for medical care and the cost of any trip interruptions or emergency care would not be worth the $300, $400 premiums for every trip.

Ok, tell me why I'm wrong.

Doesn't your OSDE policy include traveller's insurance? In my case OMINT includes $20,000 USD of travel coverage. Of course an accident in the USA requiring hospitalization would cost considerably more but at least there is coverage for an ER outpatient visit.

Doesn't your OSDE policy include traveller's insurance?

No. Plus I believe if you are traveling, you can inform them and a pay a bit extra to be covered for that country.

In my case, I travel often and on short notice, so its best for me to have a all year plan with all world except Argentina included.

Back