Megatlon- a warning

Fortunately, I haven't been robbed or scammed many times myself, but it happens everyday around me. Since I don't live in the expat zone, I see it happening everyday to Argentines. Your statement "Argentina is not a geographic region empty waiting for you to waltz in" is just about as racist and typical of what I was talking about previously. I have EVERY right to come here with good intentions and I contribute more to this society than a lot of people who were born here. If you don't like the laws of your country, which allow immigrants to come here freely as long as they have good intentions, than maybe look for another country in which to live where you can bash people for expressing their opinion. Or maybe just bang your head against the wall in frustration, or then again it probably won't hurt you too much because its SO inflated with AIR.
Here's some reading for you:
Preámbulo
Nos los representantes del pueblo de la Nación Argentina, reunidos en Congreso General Constituyente por voluntad y elección de las provincias que la componen, en cumplimiento de pactos preexistentes, con el objeto de constituir la unión nacional, afianzar la justicia, consolidar la paz interior, proveer a la defensa común, promover el bienestar general, y asegurar los beneficios de la libertad, para nosotros, para nuestra posteridad, y para todos los hombres del mundo que quieran habitar en el suelo argentino: invocando la protección de Dios, fuente de toda razón y justicia: ordenamos, decretamos y establecemos esta Constitución para la Nación Argentina.

Artículo 20- Los extranjeros gozan en el territorio de la Nación de todos los derechos civiles del ciudadano; pueden ejercer su industria, comercio y profesión; poseer bienes raíces, comprarlos y enajenarlos; navegar los ríos y costas; ejercer libremente su culto; testar y casarse conforme a las leyes. No están obligados a admitir la ciudadanía, ni pagar contribuciones forzosas extraordinarias. Obtienen nacionalización residiendo dos años continuos en la Nación; pero la autoridad puede acortar este término a favor del que lo solicite, alegando y probando servicios a la República.

Davidglen77 said:
Your statement "Argentina is not a geographic region empty waiting for you to waltz in" is just about as racist and typical of what I was talking about previously.
Wait, you accuse ME of being a racist after saying that the whole country is full of thieves because I'm calling you out on your bullshit? "I like the country but not the people". The country is not a geographical region, its the people living in it.

I have EVERY right to come here with good intentions and I contribute more to this society than a lot of people who were born here.
I'm sure Argentina was in dire need of a candy store.

If you don't like the laws of your country, which allow immigrants to come here freely as long as they have good intentions, than maybe look for another country in which to live where you can bash people for expressing their opinion.
You have every right to express your opinion. You don't have right to insult everyone else in the process. I didn't say you should be kicked out of the country. I did say that if you don't like Argentinos, probably staying in the country is going to be a frustating experience for you.

Here's some reading for you:
Preámbulo
[...]
You don't need to quote me the constitution, I know it pretty well. Your expectations might be a bit off if you expect the country or the people to change to fit whatever you feel they should be.

Guillo said:
I'm sure Argentina was in dire need of a candy store.

You have every right to express your opinion. You don't have right to insult everyone else in the process. I didn't say you should be kicked out of the country. I did say that if you don't like Argentinos, probably staying in the country is going to be a frustating experience for you.

Guillo, sorry if you take my personal opinion as racist, but it's not. It's based on personal experiences. And I can say whatever I want, as long as I don't threaten anybody's life, have you heard of freedom of expression or are you NOT aware that is guaranteed to me (and you) also??

Anyway regardless of what my commercial activity is, it pays ingresos brutos, IVA, honorarios to accountants, as well as other professional services and employs other Argentines. I contribute to the country's tax base, social programs, etc.

What have you done for your country?? Sorry you are so bitter.......

No need for personal attacks. But David, you are unfair when you say all Argentinos are cheats. I know a lot of Argentinos who are more honest and kinder than the Mother Teresa! It is very unfair on them.
And after all, if you decide to live in the country you are part of the country too.

Amargo thanks for your input, yes there certainly honest Argentines, however in my experience, there are not many. I have met a few and I live with one who is VERY honest and wonderful however I wish there were more.......and yes I live here with legal residency and DNI so YES I AM PROUDLY part of this country and I have to say since I live here I have become less honest then I used to be. At least I am being honest!

Could you two move this to a private conversation? And Guillo - are you even an expat? Do you have a particular interest in this forum other than to defend the honor of Argentina?

I would have to say that the reference to Argentines in this thread is completely contrary to my experiences.

I the US I was robbed in several different ways at least 10 times in my life. Here I have been moto choored one time. And that was for an empty laptop bag.. Haaa ah aha aa haaa. Which I left in a chair at a road side cafe Duhhh!!!

But in general, it has been my experience that the Argentinians here in Corrientes are in general very good and sincere people. In fact most of them, when they find out I am a foreigner start watching my back.

I have eaten in the homes of the rich and the poor here. I am personally more impressed by the many of the poor, as they will give you the best of what little they have to offer. And that with a sincere appreciation of passing some time together and enjoying a moment in the life.

tomdesigns said:
I would have to say that the reference to Argentines in this thread is completely contrary to my experiences.

I the US I was robbed in several different ways at least 10 times in my life. Here I have been moto choored one time. And that was for an empty laptop bag.. Haaa ah aha aa haaa. Which I left in a chair at a road side cafe Duhhh!!!

But in general, it has been my experience that the Argentinians here in Corrientes are in general very good and sincere people. In fact most of them, when they find out I am a foreigner start watching my back.

I have eaten in the homes of the rich and the poor here. I am personally more impressed by the many of the poor, as they will give you the best of what little they have to offer. And that with a sincere appreciation of passing some time together and enjoying a moment in the life.

Argentine people can be their worst enemy and will say very negative remarks about themselves to others . The truth be told they are more honest and direct than many so called first world races.

I can think of many instance that Argentinians are more honest than Australians or Europeans in many instances. The classic one that many notice is in restaurants when waiters will recommend you not to eat a dish because its too large . This is unheard of in Australia who only think about making dollars when you eat out .

The medical industry in Argentina is also more humane with a personal touch and a ethic that serves all and sundry . in many societies being sick or with a terminal illness will make you bankrupt but here in Argentina the system is humane and not geared to mass profit as is the case in western societies.

Back