Megatlon- a warning

You'll have to contact a Megatlon directly to inquire about their monthly rates. Their rates go up periodically. I can tell you that it is much more costly to pay month-to-month than to do six or more. Depending on what your needs are you might want to look into a cheaper neighborhood gym (my boyfriend just lifts weights and runs on a treadmill and pays $80 pesos a month--I go to classes at the Megatlon and got a good deal when I paid a year in advance at 25% discount which brought the price down to around $125 a month.

Megatlon gives discount pricing when paying with a credit card. This is not the case when paying in cash. I went there for about six months. Their facilities are pretty good but as always in Argentina, their business practices are ass backwards. I now go to a small gym a block away from home. It has everything I need for less than half the price.

Don't contribute to these thiefs. Many smaller honest gyms out there!!! Megatlon well at least he one in the microcenter is a scam. I have a friend that works there and she even admits it. They know people come and go all the time working on short term contracts etc. So they lock you in and screw you every 6 months. They told me that after 6 months they wouldn't charge me the same price as long as I renew a month before my 6 months was up. So I did and they went back on thier word and wanted to charge me about $150 more. When I said no way, they said they would give me a $150 vouture to pay the difference, so I agreed. After they did the paper work, they present me with a 150peso voucher not dollar. I speak fluent spanish this wasn't a languange thing. I had to completely cancel my visa so that they couldn't charge it. Fucking Asshole Scammers.

I've heard of numerous other people whom have had the same issue with Megatlon. However, I'm a member of the gym, but as mentioned in this post I paid up front in cash. As a matter of fact, everything I buy down here I pay in cash.

If you use a credit card, it just opens you up to all sorts of scams, which is a shame.

Just to play devil's advocate, this isn't just an Argentine problem. Anyone who has worked in a corporate gym in the U.S. knows how dirty their business practices are, and how common billing "errors" are once they've got your CC info. Guess the parasitic nature of the gym industry is universal.

starlucia said:
Just to play devil's advocate, this isn't just an Argentine problem. Anyone who has worked in a corporate gym in the U.S. knows how dirty their business practices are, and how common billing "errors" are once they've got your CC info. Guess the parasitic nature of the gym industry is universal.

i totally agree, i am very happy with my megatlon membership.

I think the difference is, as someone mentioned, is that here in Buenos Aires it's not recogmended to pay with debit/credit anywhere...period. You would think the best gym in BA would have some kind of ethical responsibility to get more business. It's not like it's a Balleys or Golds gym where they do rip you off. It's the best in the country...yet they still fuck you over. So please call a scam a scam and stop feeling special about belonging to Megascam.

Well it happened to me with an online fitness program. They said the bills would stop as soon as I sent them an e-mail writing "CANCEL" in the subject field. I did write it, but they kept billing extra charges to my credit card. And the site was American. So pretty!

Back