Men Who've Made A Home Here For Love ♡

Folks, we may have gotten off-topic here... Maybe the well has gone dry, but I'd like to hear from more men who have made a home here for love, or from those who've tried. All comers welcome, be they hen-pecked and/or still madly in love, or just hopeful and searching.

later u can write a book..

Title - The love stories of single men who went to BA in search of love!

I write one sentence. I get accused of being having a "fiery temper" and being "wound up." Typical, predictable and 100% expected; therefore, I am anything but. B)
No, I just found it quite remarkable that you have been writing various posts that seem particularly provocative to me, directed at (random) male and female forum users alike.

And not provocative in a constructive way: you remind (if you allow me to make another ''SWEEPING generalization'', damn it! :p ) me of the type of person at parties who tries to provoke heated arguments about politics and forces his/her own opinions through instead of listening to others. And even if I think your observations are right, like with the 'cum dumpster' thing (people, let's just leave that behind and move on please), I do not understand where all this frenzy comes from. You are criticizing some people here for being disrespectful towards women, and that may or may not be true, but why is it such a passionate, almost personal concern for you?

If this is your preferred way of doing things, go ahead, feel free to continue. But I do not feel comfortable getting involved in discussions with you if you are so dramatic about everything. I am sure you have a lot of interesting things to say but there are more charming ways to bring them accross.

Remembering a more positive post or PM or whatever directed at me... you can be very sympathetic too. People will take your (rationally founded) criticism more seriously if you follow the example of someone like fifs2, who, right here, just summarized many of your/my thoughts about this gender generalization thing without hurting anyone's feelings. That's my message to you, I am not fundamentally disagreeing with the things you try to tell us, it's just the whole fiery theatre constructed around it, that is giving me a bit of an amusing impression.

And like I have repeatedly stated on this forum, yes, some of my posts here have been quite bitchy too. But you are being so eye-catchingly serious about everything.... all I can say is, come on girl, life is too short to bother so much about human shortcomings.

It's down to individuals nothing more.
I have had relationships with fantastic women, and also had my share of pain and disilussion. I think it is all perfectly normal. So, you guys want more stories.... I think my best girlfriend ever was a very intelligent woman from Rosario. She was not naïve at all (and actually understood much more of this strange world than I do) but nontheless, always very cheerful and dreamy, and made me much less cynical and much more of a bon vivant. Apart from some conflicting traits when compared to mine, I think we were, somehow, a natural combination. I guess she could not stand my lifelong tango music obsession. And tango music gets rather jealous when there is a woman in my life. Another Argentine novia, for example, just had a deceitful way of treating me, but in this case I have just mentioned, it were my own shortcomings that brought the idyl to its end. But I am sure I will have another chance because I agree that there are some great people/women out there in Argentina, even when most of the times I seem to either find the wrong kind or see my attempts thwarted by my own weaknesses. I love musing on the behaviour of women from country A or B and there's still a lot of truth in stereotypes, but yeah, in the end what matters the most is the way different characters interact.

Don'tMindme gets a resounding support from me for a fairly argued defense...labelling her angry, wound up or insecure is just rehashing feeble labels to deflect a truth that may or may not have hit home. The issue here is why use derogatory terms to discuss women of any nation (cumdumpster?) I've met some absolute lunatic women and men in my life and believe me no sex or nationality gets the dibs on ownership for craziness or evil. It's down to individuals nothing more. Like many expats I've travelled broadly and could have married many a man in various continents and had offers accordingly. Likewise I've been dumped in various countries..I don't tar a nation with a brush due to my own shortcomings, few and far between as they may be :p ...PS I met JayTusa and his charming son today and he is as respectful but humorous in his "live" stories as one could imagine from his posts.

By wound up, I was implying perhaps she shouldn't be so sensitive to whats said here. what I can read in this thread there are only a couple of derogatory posts from which one looks to be called up upon already. But, she decided to single out that only 2 posters met her high standard in respect for women which although I won't lose any sleep over, it probably lacked a little respect in itself.

The cumpdumpster comment wasn´t even from this thread was it? I think it was already called out in the other thread but then the fella seemed to have a rough time as well so albeit not condoning it (and I dont), perhaps you can understand why he may be feeling a little bitter (if what he has said is true).

Stereotypes make people feeling uncomfortable (the negatives ones especially), but its natural. And whether it makes people uncomfortable or not, in my opinion there are certain personality traits/values etc which are common across cultures/nationalities (positive and negative).

Remembering a more positive post or PM or whatever directed at me... you can be very sympathetic too. People will take your (rationally founded) criticism more seriously if you follow the example of someone like fifs2, who, right here, just summarized many of your/my thoughts about this gender generalization thing without hurting anyone's feelings. That's my message to you, I am not fundamentally disagreeing with the things you try to tell us, it's just the whole fiery theatre constructed around it, that is giving me a bit of an amusing impression.
Thank you #1 fan but no sainting me just yet YG..my inner harridan is alive and well but kept strictly under control which makes me a prettier person and the world more rosy....even when challenged by my AR girlfriends who tell me they think Irish men are sexy... :D

Thank you #1 fan but no sainting me just yet YG..my inner harridan is alive and well but kept strictly under control which makes me a prettier person and the world more rosy....even when challenged by my AR girlfriends who tell me they think Irish men are sexy... :D
For me, you are like what Joan of Arc is for France. I guess I ''made a home here'' just to be able to serenade you each night.

Whilst the cum dumpster analogy was unpleasant, the op was angry and felt it appropriate to his frustrating position.
In that sense he wasn't generalising. I wasn't offended in the least.
It's no secret that there are women who 'pussy trap' men, much in the same way as some men fall for some women for all the wrong reasons.(and vice versa)
Neither do I see an excess of we men generalising about women Argentine or otherwise on this forum.
Pauper was right when she said it's more blokish. But we blokes will be blokes won't we? Thank God.
I've been involved on BAExpats, in one shape or another since 2006 and in the early days the 'what do we all think of Argentine women?' topic used to be thrown around like cheap laundry.
Returning to the topic, I came here for love, pure and simple. In that sense I'm foisted by my own petard.
I was driven to come back here, not by some notion of rationality, but a deep, deep, almost primitive calling that I couldn't ignore.
Whatever the price of that calling.

For me, you are like what Joan of Arc is for France. I guess I ''made a home here'' just to be able to serenade you each night.
To quite la belle Jeanne in my language .I am not afraid. I was born to this...shopping of course I mean!

I'll generalize here...I think Argentine women on the whole make great life partners. Every place has its boneheads. But if you don't think there are lots of good candidates in this country, then I think there must be something wrong with you. What some of the others posted about their wives being tough is definitely the same in my case! But that's a good thing I think. If you are looking for a life partner, the last thing you should want is some empty headed blondie (nothing wrong with being blonde, I'm referring to the stereotype, you all know what I mean), but a woman with some character that will walk alongside of you, fascinate you, make you laugh, and hopefully even make you improve. That's what I think though. If that's what you're looking for, I think you've come to the right place.

Back