Mercadolibre, A Problem

Gamboge

Registered
Hello folks,

I have been a MercadoLibre customer, both buying and selling for some time now. I have had some good successes as a buyer and seller, however, I've had more than a few problems too.

Recently I received a hefty commission bill from MercadoLibre for an ítem I never sold. I never received an email from Mercadolibre stating that the ítem was sold, nor info with the Buyers name and contact details. It looks like my Merclib account has been hacked.

I have been writing to Mercadolibre since Dec 11, saying that I never ended the sale of this particular ítem, and yet it shows in my account that it has ended. I have written to Mercadolibre 12 times. I received 11 emails back from MercadoLibre, stating, "we're working on it". Then I get a bill, saying the ítem was sold.

When I wrote to MercLib describing this issue, I recieved an email back from Customer Service which did not address the situation, and it said that the problem was because I didn't write a review ( "calificación") for the Buyer. (???) How can I write a commentary/review if the ítem was never sold?

That my account has been compromised was not addressed by Mercadolibre Customer Service in their email to me.

I'm curious to know of others' experience with Mercadolibre, what problems people may have had, and how they were solved, if at all. (I'm happy to hear about successes as well!)

What recourse do I have with this matter? Should I contact Defensa del Consumidor? Or some other organization? Or does anyone know of an internet site where commentaries can be posted---pro and con-- for companies' services, purchases and consumer issues?

This breach of my Mercadolibre account security, and the error of sales activity seems more than a little serious.

I would be grateful for any suggestions anyone might have for solving this.

G

I was once accidentally charged double on a Groupon (back in 2010). It took nearly a year and an email chain to Groupon U.S.A. to get the money refunded.
By then I'd already lost 25% since I had paid in USD.

Basically, good luck with that.

There are very specific things you should do to check the integrity of your computer to see if your account was indeed hacked. One check your computer for viruses online, do a google search, I prefer trendmicro, but you choose as you like. Now, second thing those only work a bit, so download and run from a thumb drive or cd an antivirus tool, again many out there, do your research. you could have a virus, trojan key logger, or a number of things that could be sending your private info to someone else using your accounts, they could be accessing your accounts, and deleting emails before you see them, check log files see when you logged into accounts and logged out, If you see you logged in when you weren't there or online, bingo you know whats going on.

If you find PROOF youve been hacked, send it to mercadolibre with a letter stating it wasnt you who made the transaction.

A final note if you find no viruses, bugs, whatever, that doesnt mean your safe, you could also be a victim of a man in the middle attack. Meaning someone merely is near you or on your network with a packet sniffer capturing all your keystrokes, data etc as you view webpages etc. get a VPN. If I can help send me an email I can provide some consulting for securing your internet connection. Hope this helps

Based on my experience of dealing with mercadolibre for years, I am of the opinion that it is highly unlikely customer service will resolve your case in a fast, coherent way. Most likely you will just get a bunch of messages not on topic and that do not actually fix anything. To combat these types of problems, a few years ago I created one account to use for buying, and a separate account to use for selling. Neither account has my actual information anywhere. Ironically, both my "trucha" accounts now have very high ratings too. But, if they try to charge either account with some kind of ridiculous fee or if someone hacks it, I can just walk away from either without losing anything...

I've got a Mercado Libre problem and could use some advice.
We just acquired 2 new Iphone 5S and I'd like to get good quality cases for them. I had the Otterbox Defender Case on my previous Iphone and it did a great job of protecting it and keeping it dry.
My problem is that there are no Iphone 5S cases of any sort in La Plata where we live and I couldn't find any shops that have them on hand in BsAs.
I saw 3 nice ones on Mercado Libre from vendors in BsAs and asked the vendors if I could pick them up on Saturday but they said that I had to give them my credit card info and purchase the products before they would arrange to meet me.
I just feel uncomfortable purchasing them and then hoping that the vendors will actually show up when I am in BsAs on Sat. Awhile back I bought a cable for my Macbook and the cost to deliver it from BsAs was more than the cost of the cable so I'd prefer to pick up the cases while I'm in BsAs.
There were also alot advertised on Ebay at ridiculously low prices but I've never used Ebay.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Back