Merry Christmas to all Expats in Beautiful Argentina

Its a rather unique cosmopolitan vibe albeit in Spain. We had lunch the other day in Marbella Club and bumped into Jose Aznar and Novak Djokovic.
Jose Aznar bought a house there. People probably do not give damn who he is. I have run into Carlos Menem in the Italian restaurant in La Recova,
and ran into
Same reason why expats choose to live in B.A. rather than Mendoza... !
I heard it's poor a man's Monaco.

If somone wants to leave Spain to relocate here they obviously must have a strong attachment to Argentina. If not they must be off their rocker.

"I heard it's poor a man's Monaco."

Is Marbella less expensive than Monaco?

Yes, so you do get more for your money

In addition Monaco is a rather small and dull place to live these days with the exception of when the Grand Prix is on. We just visit from time to time.

Long time Monaco resident Novak Djokovic is also spending less time there and more time in Marbella.

Actually the whole Southern Coast of Spain, and not only Marbella, is a rather attractive place to live these days if you like sunshine, beaches, culture and a healthy, safe lifestyle. I meet many Argentinians who have made the move and love it. Claudio Caniggia, a football player, is one you may have heard of that moved to Marbella. There are some great Argentinian steak houses here too.

Last edited:
Spain is great if you have money or a decent secure job otherwise its as tough as Argentina and in some ways tougher especially regarding job security. So many people in Spain have 2, 3 or more jobs throughout the year basically working seasonal/short term work where they can find it especially on the coast. Its a very blaggy, hustley type of place.

"I heard it's poor a man's Monaco."

Is Marbella less expensive than Monaco?

Yes, so you do get more for your money

In addition Monaco is a rather small and dull place to live these days with the exception of when the Grand Prix is on. We just visit from time to time.

Long time Monaco resident Novak Djokovic is also spending less time there and more time in Marbella.

Actually the whole Southern Coast of Spain, and not only Marbella, is a rather attractive place to live these days if you like sunshine, beaches, culture and a healthy, safe lifestyle. I meet many Argentinians who have made the move and love it. Claudio Caniggia, a football player, is one you may have heard of that moved to Marbella. There are some great Argentinian steak houses here too.

Well some may prefer Alicante....! a provincial touch and less expensive..!

Spain is great if you have money or a decent secure job otherwise its as tough as Argentina

As is anywhere....however Spain does at least have an economy reflecting the era we're now in. Whereas Argentinas is still stuck in the 1960's.

Back