Metrogas Inspector - To "encourage" Or Not?

Thanks for this fifs, but I cannot find your numerous posts, either by searching "Bribed by a Federal Police Officer" or by looking at the list of posts under your profile (but it was an interesting distraction reading what I did find there!). Sorry to be dense but where else should I look?
Just been told by Metrogas that I have to wait in another two days for the inspection as they haven't made it yet.

Metrogas must have friends in the moderators then :D When you do searches be sure to do them in all forums and not in a topic which I just checked for Bribed by a Federal Police Officer and my post appears...Best of luck with the inspection..when it comes..be aware they can come on any day, including weekends, both Sat and Sun from 8am to 8pm and if youre not in the clock starts counting from zero at that point..in other words don't leave the house ...

Just bribe him !! It helps the local economy .........

Morals be damned. No many have them here anyway.

You meet with him in person? I'd probably play it by ear. If he starts shuffling his feet and saying "yyy miraaa" or giving hints he's not going to approve it, say you really need it approved and ask if there's some agreement you can come to.

Chances are he should approve without much issue or need for a bribe, but don't be surprised if it comes to that.

Metrogas must have friends in the moderators then :D When you do searches be sure to do them in all forums and not in a topic which I just checked for Bribed by a Federal Police Officer and my post appears...Best of luck with the inspection..when it comes..be aware they can come on any day, including weekends, both Sat and Sun from 8am to 8pm and if youre not in the clock starts counting from zero at that point..in other words don't leave the house ...

Found it. Yikes! Your experience is what people have been warning me about, but I wondered whether it was a bit of an urban myth. Did you acually get the same guy four times?
I'm bloody freezing now, sitting about with all the extra ventilation, so they'd better turn up & pass it, so I can block all the vents up again - ;).
As far as I know, I haven't missed them. I'm a little paranoid about even going out on the balcony in case I don't hear the doorbell. They did say on the phone that it wouldn't be at the weekend or after 6pm. I don't suppose they leave a note if you miss them?

Found it. Yikes! Your experience is what people have been warning me about, but I wondered whether it was a bit of an urban myth. Did you acually get the same guy four times?
I'm bloody freezing now, sitting about with all the extra ventilation, so they'd better turn up & pass it, so I can block all the vents up again - ;).
As far as I know, I haven't missed them. I'm a little paranoid about even going out on the balcony in case I don't hear the doorbell. They did say on the phone that it wouldn't be at the weekend or after 6pm. I don't suppose they leave a note if you miss them?

Funnily enough they do leave a note to say theyve called...I even got one on a Sunday on a bank holiday weekend which mead eme think they watch the house and call when they see yhou leave.. :lol: It was the same Inspector for us each time..I can still see his thick black moustache to this day as I stood there weeping, child in arms..heart of stone that one..Im sure there;s good ones out there too. FYI when I went to th the Metrgoas office to complain about them not having called within the defined period I mentioned that the Inspector seemed to have been angling for a bribe and the guy beind the desk was so nice and adamant I should not pay one...I actually strongly agree wiht those who say dont pay as it is simply perpetuating the process but I was weak ..and cold and wanted hot water. Hope you got your situation sorted without bribe too!

I think you can request that they call you when they get to your place just to make sure you don't miss them. In our case with Telecentro, we asked this because our doorbell doesn't work so luckily they called us to let us know the guy was outside, and when he came in he said he was waiting for like 20 minutes. Have them call your cell that way if you are down the street at a kiosk or something you can come running!

Back