metrogas man - will he ever arrive?

Ashley said:
I would find it highly unlikely that they'll be around before Tuesday. Maybe you should call then and find out. I doubt they'll give you (and stick to) a specific time but maybe they could give you a day.
This happened to our PH building once and after 3/4 days everyone started turning their own gas back on (via the metre)

this sounds very tempting if they don't turn on up on tuesday or wednesday [or thursday haha] i wonder if i could get the porter to help me out...

johnniewalker said:
He told me i needed new ventilation done. The building is over 100 years old.

The gas safety regs or lack of are the thing that freaks me out the most about BsAs

and energy conservation? Ha!!

Had a similar problem once when I was living in Capital, except it was with Edenor (electricity).

They didn't show up... Me, tired of calling again and again, finally made a last call telling them that, after all, they didn't need to come anymore, I had placed a small ball made of aluminium foil in the meter and electricity was working. I also added "hay algunas chispas, pero todo bien, no pasa naaaddaaa".

Then I hanged up (If I recall the Edenor guy said something like "QQuuuueee?!").

It was a total lie... But about two hours later, the Edenor team showed up at my apartment. They didn't share my sense of humor but at least I got electricity.

lucymay said:
Hi there I was just wondering how late I should stay cooped up inside waiting for the metrogas guy to come and switch my gas back on.. Yesterday they said they would come to do it today from 8am onwards. It is now 5pm and they are still not here.

How late do these sort of companies work until on a saturday?

Heres my own experience with this nightmare company : Service by numbers where at the time of the post I was very happy with the service...but then it all wentto the wall as I didnt bribe the Inspectpor and we had to face weeks with no gas and indeed sold our house with no gas. Heres some Metrogas basics I learnt as a result:

- they work until 1at least 8pm, and also work weekends (sat sun) AND national holidays as they turned my gas off one holiday and came back to visit on a Sunday as well as after 8pm on other occasions during the week.
- Metrogas seem to be in cahoots with the licensed gas engineers who are private contractors and will ALWAYS find something to be fixed even if God almighty himself laid down the gas installation in the premise. The (matriculado) engineers frequently get delicensed due to shoddy work so you need to check on their site if your engineer is still accredited because if not then that means an automatic failure..that is what happened to us and there was me singing the praises of the "sweetie" ..engineer
- You can switch on your own gas (ask the portero) but try to do it in hours you wont expect Metrogas to arrive ie after 9pmish we were warned we'd face fines if they found we were switching it back on..which we were...
- Bribe, bribe and bribe again any inspector you see as they have the power to make your life misery.

Good luck..you will get gas eventually and forever more loathe Metrogas for their crappy inefficiency...our only happy thought was that somehow our gas metre seemed to totally have the wrong settings and we were paying 16 pesos per 2 months of gas for a large 4 storey house with gas central heating and cooking....

Back