Middle class neighborhoods

Archer97

Registered
I am planning on moving to Buenos Aires in June or July to teach english, but many of the neighborhoods I've seen in articles as the best ones for expats appear touristy and expensive. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on some more middle class or cheaper neighborhoods that would be good safe areas to find an apartment in. Also, if you have any pitfalls to avoid or general advice that you'd like to share I would love to hear it.

I am planning on moving to Buenos Aires in June or July to teach english, but many of the neighborhoods I've seen in articles as the best ones for expats appear touristy and expensive. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on some more middle class or cheaper neighborhoods that would be good safe areas to find an apartment in. Also, if you have any pitfalls to avoid or general advice that you'd like to share I would love to hear it.
By June the peso will be seriously undervalued and at best you will earn a pittance compared to many other destinations even in South America. I would look into Peru or even Uruguay for a more stable environment

Are you looking to buy or rent? If you are renting long term many barrios are not that expensive though 'middle class' may mean north of Avenida Cordoba to many people. Cabillto is very pleasant south of Corrientes.

Enclosed is a sample of the approximate rentals monthly values for most barrios..you will notice that the rentals are mostly between $15,000 pesos and $20,000 pesos Arg. Approx, the average being $16,167.
The difference is about $5000 pesos or US$68 per month (blue Dollar value). Makes little sense to move into a more Isolated Barrio for a small savings ..??? away from the subway , etc?

1582505303386.png

Last edited:
Form the Chart above the Rental income in US$ per year is between US$2000 and US$ 3000 approx. While the lowest Airbnb rental will produce something like US$7200 per annum . !!!

Rule of thumb stay close to the main Avenues like Santa Fe . Where buses and subway run. Cordoba at night is pretty empty .
Boedo, Paternal, Chacarita, Barracas, never had to go there in the last 15 years, so can't comment..!
After 10.30 for more than a few blocks hail a cab..! a US$1.50 insurance policy

Back