Might Move To Buenos Aires! Need Some Info.

You might want to provide some more details about yourself so we can make a better suggestion. If you're young, middle aged, retiring, moving because? moving from? etc.

If you have a very high tolerance for hassle and aggravation it's Argentina. If you just want to live and enjoy it's Barcelona.

ghost..Right you are.Besides,having very little in the way of a learning experience except seeing what NOT to be done in governing a country and rewarding working people wth an honest and decent retirement.I've been here since 1979.If you're planning about working .don't think twice--it's Barcelona.

Why ? Can go to Montevideo La Paz, Asuncion and Machu Pichu.
I guess it depends what type of holiday you like. I have done the majority of South America and still find Europe has a bit more to offer in terms of variety and proximity. Just a personal preference - depends on your age as well. I also think getting employment is an easier task in Europe and financially better off.

Women.. A big topic.. Come in all forms of crazy/normal in all parts of the world. This is a big generalisation but I find women from smaller cities that have good family connections tend to have better morals and less of the drama/high maintenance.

I also think getting employment is an easier task in Europe and financially better off.

This is partially true. For an american, canadian, etc, mid-age, with academic background and experience, yes, might be a bigger job market than Argentina. But Spain has 27% unemployment and that number goes to a shocking 50% within the youngsters. In fact, Spain is expelling engineers abroad dramatically in the last 10 years.

In reality Spain is not doing as bad as it seems. As far as I understood in unemployment of youth they also calculate students without income, which many countries just put in employed category. You need some time to get a job, depends of course on skills you have, but in general is the same as in Argentina. But when you get a job, you are far better off there, than here. More vacation, salary in euro, credit card, easier to rent, prices the same or lower, travelling much cheaper anywhere on the world, environment nicer, beach where you can actually swim... From Spain you can fly to Argentina for similar money than to ushuaia and back... Beat that!

What is better in bs as is possibility to make some small business, but you have to dedicate time and money.

In reality Spain is not doing as bad as it seems. As far as I understood in unemployment of youth they also calculate students without income, which many countries just put in employed category. You need some time to get a job, depends of course on skills you have, but in general is the same as in Argentina. But when you get a job, you are far better off there, than here. More vacation, salary in euro, credit card, easier to rent, prices the same or lower, travelling much cheaper anywhere on the world, environment nicer, beach where you can actually swim... From Spain you can fly to Argentina for similar money than to ushuaia and back... Beat that!

What is better in bs as is possibility to make some small business, but you have to dedicate time and money.

" not as bad as it seems"? Im talking about numbers, and numbers are numbers, its hard data.

prices lower than here? rent? really? credit card? (!) travelling more cheaper anywhere of the world? isnt it the same price going to Shanghai from Barcelona than from Buenos Aires?

travelling more cheaper anywhere of the world? isnt it the same price going to Shanghai from Barcelona than from Buenos Aires?

Matias, I hate to always disagree with you, but this just isn't true. Flights within Europe are much cheaper than flights within Argentina or flights within South America.

Also, flights from Barcelona to destinations like Africa, India, the Middle East, Thailand, etc. are much cheaper than from here.

Back