Might Move To Buenos Aires! Need Some Info.

because, as I said there are routes that are not profitable. what shall we do with them? isolation, like with grupo marsans? we shall forget about connecting those cities?

Because Argentina isn't capable of running an airline, and makes it nearly impossible for private companies to invest.

@[background=rgb(230, 230, 230)]98000 (and counting)[/background]

Look, I didn't want to start another topic on AR. What I meant was, that all! flights are cheaper from Barcelona, than from Argentina (except of course inside argentina, montevideo, santiago, lima; rio might you might find already the same price). Mainly this is not fault of Argentina, but one might prefer to know this before. For example, every flight from Argentina to Europe is more expensive, than the same flight starting in Europe. Is a simple fact, but important to some people. Friends are visiting me paying 450€, when I never could fly below 1000, not to mention machinations when buying tickets (hard to get credit card for foreigner, very small limits...) and I didn't even start with 35% ...

About numbers, we still have to invent flawless statistic and especially interpretation of it. If Argentina would have similar numbers as Spain, we will never hear the end of bragging about it. Just visiting Spain doesn't give it justice and especially Argentinians like to exaggerate in negative direction, possibly to feel better about their country. But I still remember my argentinian neighbours, how they laughed, when I proudly announced I am moving here :) The gap between these two countries is way bigger than most think. Of course there is some despair, they lost a bit of comfort, they got used to it, overspending in last 30 years.

Anyway, we are answering a question of someone, who wants to know, where to move. I lived in both cities and even if I don't have nearly enough data to give sound advice, Barcelona has a huge advantage here (if he is not from Turkey or some other country, that makes him hard to move in EU...). Many here forget, that not everyone has unlimited supply of dollars to change in blue and when you are earning and spending in pesos everything is more expensive than in Barcelona (except subsided services, of course).

Back to the question, I have experience in Barcelona and BA, where I am now. Barcelona wins hands down in almost every aspect. Although I was in my mid twenties while there so perhaps my perspective is different, it really depend on the finer details of the OP's question. Actually no, Barcelona is better regardless.

Yes, as was said, I lived in Barcelona for 5 years, at the turn of the century. I've been back several times since.
I think that Barcelona is or is close to first world. IMO BA is third world.
Housing is much higher in Barcelona.
It can be difficult to meet people. The friends that Barcelona folk meet in grade school are their friends for life and they aren't too interested in meeting others. When they get divorced, their situation might change.
You can travel very easily to hundreds of destinations from Barcelona on budget airlines. Ibiza is SO near.
Just about everything can be sent to Spain and is delivered without any hassles. Not so in BA
Want to furnish an apartment inexpensively? Barcelona has Ikea, BA doesn't.
Restaurant prices are lower and the whole dining experience, as well as the quality of the food is much better in Barceloa.L
Barcelona has perfect sidewalks,clean streets and little graffiti.
Drivers in both cities are disgusting.
Crime? Who knows? It's rarely reported.
Women. IMO Argentina women are probably better looking, but IMO Barcelona women are probably nicer and more interesting.
Cost of living. Numbeo.com
Anyone can open a bank account in Barcelona.
Telefonica is in both cities. How wonderful ! NOT

Last years, when many foreigners left, rent is not so expensive any more. Also is way easier to find shared flats, which is what young person should search for a start anyway. But of course, search outside of center, for number of reasons, not just high rental price. I never understood, why usa and english people liked so much eixample and old city, when you have gracia, la salud, horta, saria and million places, where you can actually meet someone, that is not foreigner ... Commuting takes you no time no money. If you are from eu, paperwork to live and work takes you half a day, if not, well, then probably argentina is better ;)

Petty crime is imo higher in Barcelona, but not really if you live there. Simply you don't visit places, where thieves are operating, since you are not tourist. Stray (or aimed) bullet will find you much sooner in BA ... Violent crime almost doesn't exist in barca.

Yes, as was said, I lived in Barcelona for 5 years, at the turn of the century. I've been back several times since.
I think that Barcelona is or is close to first world. IMO BA is third world.
Housing is much higher in Barcelona.
It can be difficult to meet people. The friends that Barcelona folk meet in grade school are their friends for life and they aren't too interested in meeting others. When they get divorced, their situation might change.
You can travel very easily to hundreds of destinations from Barcelona on budget airlines. Ibiza is SO near.
Just about everything can be sent to Spain and is delivered without any hassles. Not so in BA
Want to furnish an apartment inexpensively? Barcelona has Ikea, BA doesn't.
Restaurant prices are lower and the whole dining experience, as well as the quality of the food is much better in Barceloa.L
Barcelona has perfect sidewalks,clean streets and little graffiti.
Drivers in both cities are disgusting.
Crime? Who knows? It's rarely reported.
Women. IMO Argentina women are probably better looking, but IMO Barcelona women are probably nicer and more interesting.
Cost of living. Numbeo.com
Anyone can open a bank account in Barcelona.
Telefonica is in both cities. How wonderful ! NOT

Fred, you rate Barcelona higher on just about every item but yet you are living in Buenos Aires.

Are you in the same boat as ARbound was before he escaped, viz you'd like to leave Argentina but are somehow stuck here?

How can others avoid the mistakes you made that resulted in your Argentine entrapment?

Back