Migración Officials Visiting Your Workplace?

maimara

Registered
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Hi there, [/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Has anyone during the process of recidencia por el motivo trabajador had had migration officials coming by to the workplace to see if you actually work there and to see some legal stuff with the company? This just happened with me today, and whilst working at an NGO we have tons of events, consultation things etc. that makes me be away from office every now and then. And of course today I was not at the office when the officials came by, and just let my colleagues know that if they will come by 2 times and I am not present at the office, the whole migration process will get cancelled.. Well my collagues tried their best explaining the nature of the work and that I might not be always around at the office, but since the idea is to have a surprise visit at the workplace, this seems to have no importance.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Stresfull, very stressful whole process..[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]I was just wondering if there are anyone with similar experiences of migration officials coming to the workplace and what kind of documentation you were supposed to present at that time - just to know what all to store at my desk whilst waiting them to pay a 2nd visit.. Tramite documents, copy of passport.. anything else?[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Cheers and feliz día de amigos![/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Hi there, [/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Has anyone during the process of recidencia por el motivo trabajador had had migration officials coming by to the workplace to see if you actually work there and to see some legal stuff with the company? This just happened with me today, and whilst working at an NGO we have tons of events, consultation things etc. that makes me be away from office every now and then. And of course today I was not at the office when the officials came by, and just let my colleagues know that if they will come by 2 times and I am not present at the office, the whole migration process will get cancelled.. Well my collagues tried their best explaining the nature of the work and that I might not be always around at the office, but since the idea is to have a surprise visit at the workplace, this seems to have no importance.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Stresfull, very stressful whole process..[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]I was just wondering if there are anyone with similar experiences of migration officials coming to the workplace and what kind of documentation you were supposed to present at that time - just to know what all to store at my desk whilst waiting them to pay a 2nd visit.. Tramite documents, copy of passport.. anything else?[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Cheers and feliz día de amigos![/background]

Yes a few years ago we had a visit to the office from migraciones but it felt rather like a shakedown ie they were looking to check our registered expat employees and moreover see if we had more unregistered ones we hadnt declared. Each member of staff had to show photo id to prove identity. No more was required in our case and we never received further visits. Your case sounds tricky. Best of luck with it.

Suprise checks - Its a very critical part of immigration process.

And if you are brown or black skinned, even more.

tread with caution.

Thanks for the cheers. I will collect all possible documents, paycheques etc. to wait the next visit. Fingers crossed I will be at the office then. If not, I am not looking forward paying extra visits to Migraciones..

Coming from a country where your ID is basically NEVER asked, I feel very uncomfortable carrying my passport with me until the day of the visit from migraciones arrives, ha.
Luckily all documentation, legal stuff from work should be fine in my case, but still I feel extremely stressed.

The company I had in Argentina also received a visit from migraciones officials to confirm there were no unregistered foreigners working already when we applied for the permission to hire foreigners. Only happened once if I recall, everyone had to show their IDs and answer some questions.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]...today I was not at the office when the officials came by, and just let my colleagues know that if they will come by 2 times and I am not present at the office, the whole migration process will get canceled.. Well my colleagues tried their best explaining the nature of the work and that I might not be always around at the office, but since the idea is to have a surprise visit at the workplace, this seems to have no importance.[/background]

I will collect all possible documents, paycheques etc. to wait the next visit. Fingers crossed I will be at the office then. If not, I am not looking forward paying extra visits to Migraciones..

Based on what the migraciones officials told your c[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]olleagues, i[/background]f you are not at the office when they make the second visit your "whole migraciones process will get canceled."

If that happens .I don't think "extra visits to migraciones" will prevent your residency from being canceled as the purpose of the visits to the workplace are to verity that you are physically present and actually working there. Returning to migtaciones after the second visit will not satisfy this requirement.

Your employer should also be concerned. They may be subject to fines and perhaps the loss of their "permission to hire foreigners" if there is no evidence that you are working there and the only way to satisfy migraciones is for you to be there when they return.

I did think of one case in which your absence from the workplace might be "excused" by the officials after they make a second visit. That would only be if, on the same day, you had gone to migraciones to renew your precaria.

Nonetheless, if the "entire process" gets canceled as a result of your absence, you will have to return to migraciones to try to get your residency reinstated and you would still be subject to a "surprise visit" to verify your employment.

Thanks for the comments! Just a quick update in case someone in the future is looking for advices on same matter. I went to migraciones yesterday and handed in recibio del sueldo and some other financial document that the finance person at our office suggested I should present, just in case. Together with a truly wonderful, and nice person at migraciones we drafted a letter saying that I might not be present when/if they still wish to visit the workplace, and said couple of days when I 100% will be at the office during the next ten days. Migrations lady was kinda sure this will do as they check the file before heading to my office, and arrive on those days.. Might be a long shot but who knows. Personally, having overly-optimistic attitude, maybe they don't even bother since the recibio del sueldo is already registered in my files now...?

But, then again, you never know.

I will keep you posted what happens during the next 10 days!

I will keep you posted what happens during the next 10 days!

It looks like a great plan. Good luck!
emo32.gif

Back