Migraciones Appointment - Can I Bring Translation Help?

BlueArrow

Registered
I have an appointment at Migraciones next week to apply for Temporary Residence for Labor Purposes (valid for two years).

Am I allowed to bring someone with me to help with translation? I'd like to bring my company's lawyer, or I thought I'd read about people whom I can hire to bring with me (I forget what they are called) but I've been given some verbal advice locally that I must go do this myself. I'm concerned about the language barrier...

Anyone know if I'm allowed to bring a translator?
Anyone know what I mean when I talk about locally available people for hire who specialize in helping navigate the immigration procedure?

I've been searching the forum but haven't landed on exactly what I'm looking for.

You can bring whomever you want. Bring someone from your company as it is free and they are sponsoring you!

It would definietly help. Even if you don't need language help, you might need help with navigting the Argentine Bureaucracy. I know, it never makes sense to me. I went with my company's lawyer. Actually, after I did all the biometric stuff, I didn't go again. The lawyer handled everything.

I went today and was able to convince my company's lawyer to go with me. My Spanish isn't very good, so that was helpful, and he knew the buildings to go through and to and which lines to get in, and the windows in various buildings to pay for the different tramites, which I see as something that could have been confusing enough to have wasted a lot of time.

Things went well, I left with my temporary DNI ("Certificado de Residencia Precaria") which will allow my company to get me added to their payroll here and set me up with a bank account for direct deposit, etc.
I also got 2 receipts for the DNI payment, one of which I'll leave with my doorman for when Correo Argentina comes by with the actual DNI card in an estimated 10 days. Progress!

I brought 4x4 pics and photocopies of everything, but they took my picture there and made their own copies of the originals.
All in all I was there 3 hours.

The fact that you had to convince you company's lawyer to do his job is not much reassuring. Glad your paperwork went through.

Well, it's been a month and a half and still no DNI. Now I'm waiting in various lines at Migraciones so I can be told I'm in the wrong line and need to go to another. Rinse, repeat.
All part of the experience, I'm told.

Well, it's been a month and a half and still no DNI. Now I'm waiting in various lines at Migraciones so I can be told I'm in the wrong line and need to go to another. Rinse, repeat.
All part of the experience, I'm told.

On your receipt from Migraciones when you got the precaria, there should be a number that allows you to track the progress on the Migraciones website - from there, when it is mailed out, you will see a tracking number, allowing you to track it with the Correo. When I got my DNI a month ago, I knew the exact day it was being delivered. One thing the post office guy told me - he would not have delivered it to anyone other than me (in other words, you can't have your doorman sign for it) - I needed to show my receipt from Migraciones, my passport, and then sign in order to receive the DNI.

You don't happen to have that link to track the DNI do You? I cannot find it on the Migraciones website...

On your receipt from Migraciones when you got the precaria, there should be a number that allows you to track the progress on the Migraciones website - from there, when it is mailed out, you will see a tracking number, allowing you to track it with the Correo. When I got my DNI a month ago, I knew the exact day it was being delivered. One thing the post office guy told me - he would not have delivered it to anyone other than me (in other words, you can't have your doorman sign for it) - I needed to show my receipt from Migraciones, my passport, and then sign in order to receive the DNI.

http://mininterior.gov.ar/tramitesyservicios/estado-tramite-dni.php

Back