Migraciones Appointment - Can I Bring Translation Help?

To the BlueArrow that started this Topic chain, I'm brand new to this site and started a Topic, "Need Assist in BA". I'm coming down in the next few months. You mentioned that you are not fluent in Spanish and that you got a temporary CUIL, before your DNI. When I come down, I don't want to walk around with cash and don't want to run up ATM charges on withdrawals, so I would like to open a local bank account. I've tried telephoning banks in Argentina to find out what I need to open an account, but it has been difficult to get telephone numbers that international calls will go through and if the call does go through, there are no English speaking representatives or I have called the wrong department in the bank. When I do get to BA, I will have a slight language barrier and probably not the proper required documentation. Did you use a local translator and I'd like to try to solve these problems before I arrive in BA? Thanks for any assistance.

Let me cut to the chase for you - you can't open a bank account without being a resident. You will hear vague stories of a friend of a friend that did. Ignore them - it didn't happen. Also, if you are from the US, you may not be able to open a bank account even if you are a resident because banks generally don't want to deal with the hassles of the FATCA requirements.

How long has yours been in the [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]"su trámite está para supervisar" stage? If it has been a very long time it might be worth going down to Migraciones to see what the problem is. Bring all the paperwork you have with you. My friend-of-a-friend "inside contact" at Migraciones was able to let us know there was a problem, but we had to get in line and talk to someone to find out what that problem was. In my case, they needed to see a copy of my work contract (which we had brought with us on the initial visit, not sure why it didn't get the stamp that they gave it when we went back). We did have to stand in a few lines and got a bit of a runaround but eventually got done what we needed which allowed the process to move forward. [/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]I will post a summary of steps that occurred when all is said and done.[/background]

Hi again! Since my recidencia precaria was about to vincer, I went back to Migraciones to ask about the process and it appeared that I should have gone back in 30 days (the same thing building 6 booth 6) which I eventually never did because I did not understand at the moment what I was supposed to bring with me then and couldn't find any help from embassy, migrations home page, by asking help from Argentinians and people at my coming workplace - until I one colleague was kind of sure what is the document about but since it all was vague, I stupidly let it be and did not go down to migraciones.. So, when I went to migraciones week to inquire about my process, they told me that my process was frozen because I never went back in that 30-day time frame and that eventually I could have been deported from country because having expired recidencia precaria and no tourist visa (I guess this is cancelled when you are handed in the recidencia precaria, fair enough).

Now, all good, delivered the missing paper the next day (it took 3hrs in total at migraciones with fair amount of running around from booth to booth and between buildings 4 and 6), and my recidencia precaria is renewed, and hoping to get the actual DNI in the coming months. Currently seems that everything is OK with my process, but I remain sceptical until I have the plastic card DNI in my hands.

I finally got back to Migraciones for my post-DNI follow up visit - and they told me there was nothing else to do, I was finished. I have my precaria, my CUIL, I am registered with AFIP and I have a DNI, that's it. *shrugs*

When I got my Precaria there about 2 months ago they were very clear to my lawyer and I that after I got my DNI and within 30 days I was supposed to return to window 6 in building 6 at Migraciones to "finish the process", so going back and hearing there is nothing else was very confusing. Upon going back this time I talked to two different reps and they both told me "you're done, there is nothing else, just renew your DNI in a year." So I called my lawyer, relayed what they told me and he said "hold on, that's not right, I'll be right there." So he came down, talked with a couple more people, and they all insisted I was finished with the process. I had been trying to get a 2 year work residency, I believe my Residencia Definitiva or something like that, but everyone at Migraciones insisted I have everything I need to be here indefinitely as long as I keep renewing my DNI.

So, "tada?"

Phuuh, this is all so confusing.. I guess you have it all done then, but it does sound strange. The window 6 building 6 sounds like my AFIP thing, but since you already had that taken care of, it can't be that. Anyways they told me nothing to go back there after getting the DNI, and how they told you at migraciones that all is done we can maybe, for now, congratulate you on finishing the process successfully!

Dear All,

Have anyone been trying to log in to check the status of their DNI process at consulta de estatus de tramite page (http://www.migracion...orm_inicial.php) ? I was trying to print out my renewed recidencia precaria at the same page, and after entering the data at 1st page, it simply says "Error al conectar a UbicacionExpediente" So it seems the page is down - and has actually been couple of days now. So, slightly panicking here, since I am currently abroad and coming back to Argentina soon, and I cannot go down to Migraciones to ask what is going on.. so any help is more than welcome! :)

(tried entering the page with safari, mozilla and brave, for that matter)

Cheers!

Hi there,

Has anyone during the process of recidencia por el motivo trabajador had had migration officials coming by to the workplace to see if you actually work there and to see some legal stuff with the company? This just happened with me today, and whilst working at an NGO we have tons of events, consultation things etc. that makes me be away from office every now and then. And of course today I was not at the office when the officials came by, and just let my colleagues know that if they will come by 2 times and I am not present at the office, the whole migration process will get cancelled.. Well my collagues tried their best explaining the nature of the work and that I might not be always around at the office, but since the idea is to have a surprise visit at the workplace, this seems to have no importance.

Stresfull, very stressful whole process..

I was just wondering if there are anyone with similar experiences of migration officials coming to the workplace and what kind of documentation you were supposed to present at that time - just to know what all to store at my desk whilst waiting them to pay a 2nd visit.. Tramite documents, copy of passport.. anything else?

Commenting on my question above, it seems like the migration homepage was down couple of days, but eventually all worked out well and I was able to print out the renewed residencia precaria.

Cheers and feliz día de amigos!

Well - I am still waiting.. Got the precaria on 11th May - status still says my application is under supervision and to check back in a few days. When I called they said it can take over 6 months... and that I would need to go back to migraciones and renew the precaria a few days before it expires or the week following - otherwise they cancel the whole application and I have to start again? It's been over 2 months now and precaria expires August 9th... Takes 2 hours to get to migraciones + taxis + day wasted etc... It seems to be a deliberate ploy to generate a bit more money by being slow and wasting peoples time. Is there anything else I can do - I don't have an insider that works there who can tell me wtf is going on... I love this country.

Back