Migraciones Offices: Can You Choose Which To Use?

Musicmanman

Registered
I will be applying for permanent residency in Oct. If my address is in Recoleta do I have to use the Capital offices or can I apply through Pilar or some other office? Thanks in advance for the help.

I will be applying for permanent residency in Oct. If my address is in Recoleta do I have to use the Capital offices or can I apply through Pilar or some other office? Thanks in advance for the help.

when you go online to get your appointment , I think the Migraciones site leads you directly to the one closest to your home.

however , i will await comments from others more knowledgeable than me

It's been two years since I had my appointment but when I went online I was able to choose the office I wanted. I too live in Recoleta and I chose a new office that had just opened as I got the appointment faster and there was much less waiting when I arrived.

Thanks! Did you use the Pilar office? I heard it was usually not busy. Also can you do a citizenship app at the same office.

I did not go to Pilar. Unfortunately I can't remember the address where I went at the moment. And I am unsure about filing for citizenship and where you would do it.

Also can you do a citizenship app at the same office.

No.

Citizenship is not granted by migraciones, it's granted by the Federal Courts

Dr. Rubliar (bajo_cero2) gave a detailed explanation of how to find which court to go to in the "Argentine Citizenship For Foreigners" thread.

I suggest you use the advance search engine with keywords. You will probably find it faster that way. The thread is quite lengthy.

Sorry I meant to reply earlier. The Pilar office is new and it sucks big time. Don't go to it! It opened in late November, early December. You can only go to the Pilar office if you live in certain areas outside of Capital Federal. For example, all of Pilar, Exaltacion de la Cruz, Lujan, Tigre, San Fernando, and a few other areas. They will ask for proof of address to accept your application, else you are redirected to your local office. You prove your address by either having a service in your name or by going to the registro civil and getting a "certificado de domicilio". Technically you could come to Pilar's registro civil and verbally give them a buddy's address and they will take your word for it and issue you a "certificado de domicilio" for that address. However I DON'T recommend the Pilar office. I applied for my permanent residency and DNI there on December 23. I went back recently to renew my "precaria" because it's been more than 3 months. It's now expired and my file "is in supervision and hasn't moved". Apparently ZERO of their files they started since they opened have been approved by their "supervisors" and we are all waiting for our DNIs. And, although you'd think they would merely be a local office that would forward these files to a central office because migrations is a nationally regulated process, this is not the case. They are handling all of their files locally. In short, Pilar is a dumb city where they operate like a small town, and they have too little resources to resolve anything. They can't even get birth certificates out. Had I known that, I would have gone downtown to use a friends address because I have an acquaintance who applied downtown in February and already got his DNI back.

Back