Migraciones Turno Monday - Messed Up

Noruega

Registered
So I screwed up, and I am feeling pretty stupid. I have a turno at Migraciones Monday at noon for the residencia precaria. Got my police report with DHL from Norway, got my Argentine police report, I am within 90 days of last entry, etc. BUT I hadn't really given much thought to the Certificado de Domicilio. (Really stupid of me, I know!) So I leisurely strolled into my local police station this morning around 8.30 - and was told that it takes a few days. I told the lady my situation, she was really nice and suggested I come back at 13:00 to talk to the guy who goes around to people's houses, and that maybe he'd agree to squeeze me in this afternoon. I went back at 13:00 and he said no, that he was not going to that part of the barrio today, and there was no way, but that he can come Monday afternoon. I wish he would have been flexible but totally understand that this is my own fault of course.

What sucks is that on September 4th I reach my 90 days, and I have been in and out for 20 months now, so I don't really want to leave again before starting this process.

So here is what I did: There is no way to change the turno at Migraciones online, and when I tried to make a new appointment, it said that I had a turno vigente and therefore couldn't do it. I will go on Monday, and they will tell me I don't have everything, and I'll have to make a new appointment - and that appointment will probably be after my 90 days are up. So I tried again to make a new appointment, this time with my old passport number. Name, birthday, country etc. are the same. And the system let me - and the first possible day was September 3rd, which would work great... I confirmed the appointment.

Of course I am only asking for speculation, but do you think they will be OK with this? When I go on Monday and they tell me I have to come back, I will show them a printout of the new turno, and also show them my old passport to prove that it is me for real. I am hoping that they will either let me show up for the new turno even though it has a different passport number, or that they might be able to change them in the system.

I feel like an idiot for not being on top of this, especially since the certificado de domicilio is easiest document to get... :(

Go back to the comisaria now, see if you can't arrange for the CDI to come sometime late monday afternoon (ie after your migraciones appt). When you get to immigrations on monday and they find you are missing something (for me it was some translation of something) if you ask nicely they will usually give you X amount of time to rectify the situation. For me I think I was missing a translation of my passport -- they gave me 72 hrs to come back with everything in order.

Syngirl, I am glad they gave you that option, hopefully they might with me too! They are supposed to come from the comisaria Monday afternoon, so maybe it would work... Although my Colombian friend went without the certificado and they wouldn't accept any of the papers, they just rescheduled her right away, several weeks later.

I think they'll be okay with that. An appointment is an appointment. Just be sure to have your old passport with you so you can prove it's you. Unfortunately on Monday you're probably not going to be able to get anything done. The only point in going really is to check that all your other documents are in order and maybe they can give you a faster appointment as well - I wasn't offered that, but maybe if you ask and explain that you are short on time.

When I went for permanent residency, I had the wrong marriage certificate and was able to get another appointment within a week's time. For provincia nobody comes to the house for the domicile check... you just go to the registro civil and they give you a form in the same day (at least that's how it was for me.)

As for the 90 days... I was way past the 90 days when I applied, and I think they just tacked on the fee - I'm not sure. If I remember right, I believe it was 600 pesos that I had to pay.

I think they'll be okay with that. An appointment is an appointment. Just be sure to have your old passport with you so you can prove it's you. Unfortunately on Monday you're probably not going to be able to get anything done. The only point in going really is to check that all your other documents are in order and maybe they can give you a faster appointment as well - I wasn't offered that, but maybe if you ask and explain that you are short on time.

As for the 90 days... I was way past the 90 days when I applied, and I think they just tacked on the fee - I'm not sure. If I remember right, I believe it was 600 pesos that I had to pay.
Thank you Crema, this makes me more tranquila! I have, however, overstayed twice in the past and been told I can't do it again, which is why I am hoping to be able to use the Sept 3rd appointment. I agree that I will probably not be able to do much Monday.

If you have any bill in your name with your address...phone, utilities, light, cable, take it along on Monday. That often works to show domicile.

Back