Migration issues

RaúlCABA

Registered
Hello community,

I am a long time visiter as a guest to this forum and I wish to start by thanking you all for making it possible and for providing such valid information.

My situation is the following. A few years ago, for personal reasons, I decided to change my name. I was already living here in Argentina and so my entry stamp was with a different name, and as I am from the UK a different passport number. I knew I was going to be trying to change my name as it was something I have been wanting to do for a long time and as my son was soon to be born I decided to go through with it. With this in mind I decided to wait to apply for the DNI until the name change had been successful because I thought it would be extremely complicated the change the name on the DNI afterwards.

Well the name change was succesful and I recieved the new passport in time to enlist my son with my new name, which was one of the main reasons I had for changing my name so on that account I am very grateful.

Two years have passed and lawyers that I was talking with since the beginning of this process convinced me that the best way to tramit the DNI would be to do what is called here "informacion sumaria" which is where you go to court and insist that a judge writes an informacion sumaria that something is a particular way, in my case it was to testify that my and my old identities are the same and that my entrance to the country was legal and that they recognise the change of name that took place via post from here to the United Kingdom and to verify that our marriage that took place with my old name is also valid. Two years later the legal process to recieve this informacion sumaria had slowed down and was not moving and now we have the cuarantine and of course it has stopped completely.

I realise that all offices are closed at this moment and there is very little that I can do NOW. However i wish to try and regain control of what is happening and try to push this in the right direction because I feel there must be another way than waiting for this informacion sumaria.

Basically my question is this, is it a major problem to apply for the DNI without an entry stamp with my new passport with the new name and my sons birth certificate with the new name on it? What would I need to do or obtain to make that possible?

I know that this forum has alot of experience with these matters so I am really grateful for any help that you can offer on this.

Mmmmm.
Did you apply for the permanent residency? Did you get it?
If not, did you take a vista? (They give you your file in PDF).
Informacion sumaria. Where did you apply it for? Court is not closed, they work only on line.
When immigration process do not work out right away, they normally just don’t do it. Then the best option is citizenship.

Back