Migration Office In Capital Federal (Ba) & Visa Issues

KevinJH

Registered
So here here is the scoup,

My tourist Visa expires Sunday. I need to do the border-run to Uruguay this Saturday. However, if I understand correct, I can go to a Migration Office and pay a $300 pesos renewal extension fee. So if this is true ...

1) Where is the Migration Office in Captital Federal (BA)
2) What are the hours
3) Is $300 Pesos correct?

I have been staying here in Argentina coming up on 3 years on a tourist Visa. I have been in a relationship with an Argentina going on 8 years and we have recently deiced to get married (tie-the-knot). However, he had a family emergency and is in Rosario for 3 weeks. So needless to say we couldn't schedule an appointment at the Civil Registry before my Tourist Visa expires.

So with that said ...

4) Is it safer to do the border run and maybe carry a letter from my partner epxlaining the situation, or
5) or go to the Migration Office with a letter explaing the situation.

We hope to get married as-as-possible once he returns from Rosario.

Thanks,
Kevin

The migration office is in Av Antártida Argentina 1355. It's in the retiro Area, towards the Buquebus station. If you are facing the red and black gas station there is a path to yor right with a bike way that takes you directly to the main building.

You'll see 3 doors, a big gate with a lot of people, ones that says "Salida" and one that says "entrada" with a hughe line of people. You have to enter the building that says "Salida".

You need to go ASAP because you can only renew the tourist visa 10 WORKING days prior to it expires.

You will need 300 pesos, in pesos currency, in cash.

Congratulations in advance. :)

Have you asked the registro civil in your comuna if you need to have a valid tourist visa? The reason I ask is that when I got married to my partner in 2011, the woman at the registro civil never even bothered to look at my passport. I know people on this forum have said that you need a valid tourist visa, but this was never verified, in my case.

I was under the impression you could do this at other offices as well, not just the one in Retiro. Look on their websites.

I just went to migraciones in front of Retiro last week.

You need:

1. To bring a photocopy of the photo page of your passport and the page with your last entry stamp
2. AR$300

That's it. Easy as and it takes maybe 45 mins tops.

I am planning on trying to go today. Does anyone know the office Hours? Also do i need my passport AND a photocopy of the Pages. And does anyone at the office speak relatively good English?

Are You sure You need someone speaking good english at migraciones just to extend your visa? Don't worry, just go there, it's open 8.00-16.00. I was there to get my permanent residency last week and everything went perfectly smooth (well, it took 2hrs but still...) and the guy I dealt with spoke just a little english. A tip - take cash with you, they don't accept tarjeta.

Thanks.I am sure it will be OK if there isn't. I just thought it might make the process a little quicker if there was someone that spoke English and I didn't have to muddle through with my half formed Spanish

I was there 2 weeks ago. Had to submit to them a copy of my passport (with a page with the details of my passport as well as the page that has the Argentine entry stamp on it). Then it took 5 working days I think for them to process it with InterPol.
After which, you go back to the same place and pay the Pesos 300 as well as submit your original passport and wait some minutes for them to do the paperwork and to stamp the extension on your passport. Less than an hour for the whole process. Also, you don't need to que up since the booth for the extension has almost no one to que behind.
Good luck.

I went to Migraciones today and they didn't want to extend my visa! They said that it's easier for me to pay the fine next month when I go to Brazil - but I'm coming back for 10 days and then leave for good. Apparently I've been in and out too many times in the last 2 years that I'd have to justify my extension which will take 40 days - and I'll be out of this country by then. So now I have to decide whether to risk not being let in for those last 10 days or go to Colonia... Probably is cheaper, and safer, to go to Colonia.

Just thought it's odd that they didn't want to extend my visa when I'm there to pay... Too much work for all of us!

Back