Milanesas para Todo

GuilleGee

Registered
Se podrán comprar a $21 el kilo. "Me llegó una caja a Olivos. Las probé en familia y están buenísimas", aseguró la Presidenta.

Cristina Kirchner recomendó comprar las "Milanesas para todos" porque el kilo vale 21 pesos. La Presidenta anunció durante un acto que la oferta estará disponible desde el sábado en el Mercado Central. Sin embargo, una recorrida de Clarín por distintas carnicerías de Capital Federal y de la Provincia de Buenos Aires encontró que en algunos casos el kilo de milanesas ya elaboradas se consigue a menos de 20 pesos.

"Me llegó a Olivos una caja de 'Milanesa para Todos', de 1 kilo. Las probé en familia. Máximo (Kirchner) me preguntó si serán así para todos", aseveró Cristina tras anunciar la puesta en marcha de los mercados concentradores en el Chaco y José C. Paz. La primera mandataria tampoco ahorró recomendaciones para las mujeres: "Chicas, las que no quieran cocinar, largan la milanesa en el sartén o en el horno. Está buenísima, yo comí".
La carnicería "La Rural" de Ituzaingó ofrece el kilo de milanesas de cuadrada ya elaboradas a 19,90 pesos. En el local ubicado en Zufriategui al 800 explicaron que un kilo tiene entre seis y siete milanesas, en función del grosor, y permite alimentar a tres personas. En uno de los tantos locales que tiene el empresario cárnico kirchnerista, Alberto Samid, el kilo se consigue a 22 pesos. Mientras que en "Tabri" (Riobamba al 327) el kilo está a 22 pesos y en la carnicería "el Gavilán" de la Plata están a 23 pesos.

El Gobierno en sucesivas oportunidades destacó la importancia del Mercado Central porque los productos pueden costar hasta un 40% menos que en los hipermercados. A fines del enero, el ministro de Economía, Amado Boudou había asegurado que la presidenta del Banco Central, Mercedes Marcó del Pont consigue paltas a un peso. El principal problema es que los consumidores en la mayoría de los casos no cuentan con el tiempo o los recursos para dirigirse al predio ubicado al costado de la autopista Ricchieri.

Thank god! The price of Milanesas was starting to eat a whole in my pockets. Now I only have to take an hour and a half bus ride to and from the Mercado Central and I can have some great Milanesas para Todos

GuilleGee said:
Thank god! The price of Milanesas was starting to eat a whole in my pockets. Now I only have to take an hour and a half bus ride to and from the Mercado Central and I can have some great Milanesas para Todos

I think you are trying to be sarcastic but you are being naive. Argentinian families usually have a wide freezer and they go to Mercado Central and buy food for the whole month. You can save up to 60% on your budget. I saw morrones for 6 kilos for 10 pesos while they are 8 pesos per kilo in Coto. I remember my mother organizing the shoping at Mercado Central with some other families in order to make a bulk shopping, then prices are ridiculously low, or should I say that the prices at supermarket are ridiculously high?. How do you explain that food is cheaper in NYC? It makes no sense. The answer is simple, some people wants to make too much money without working.
Regards

Bajo_cero2 said:
I think you are trying to be sarcastic but you are being naive. Argentinian families usually have a wide freezer and they go to Mercado Central and buy food for the whole month. You can save up to 60% on your budget. I saw morrones for 6 kilos for 10 pesos while they are 8 pesos per kilo in Coto. I remember my mother organizing the shoping at Mercado Central with some other families in order to make a bulk shopping, then prices are ridiculously low, or should I say that the prices at supermarket are ridiculously high?. How do you explain that food is cheaper in NYC? It makes no sense. The answer is simple, some people wants to make too much money without working.
Regards

Bajo cero, as I have said many times before your posts are always interesting and well - informed but why the constant subjectivity on every subject where you leap to the defense of your country? I am the first to see the good and bad side of all issues, countries etc...your constant hardline where "Argentina is perfect, you guys are all idiots detracts" from the value of your opinions...jst a thought..attack at will, remember Im Irish so theres lots of fodder for target...

Bajo_cero2 said:
I think you are trying to be sarcastic but you are being naive. Argentinian families usually have a wide freezer and they go to Mercado Central and buy food for the whole month.

Bajo I definitely am aware of the benefits of buying in bulk. I have friends whose parents work at Mercado Central and I know that many people make huge purchases one times a month.

Just making the point that this is a very silly way to deal with cost problems.

And by the way, I am part of an argentine family. We do not buy in bulk, because our lives are just to hectic

fifs2 said:
Bajo cero, as I have said many times before your posts are always interesting and well - informed but why the constant subjectivity on every subject where you leap to the defense of your country? I am the first to see the good and bad side of all issues, countries etc...your constant hardline where "Argentina is perfect, you guys are all idiots detracts" from the value of your opinions...jst a thought..attack at will, remember Im Irish so theres lots of fodder for target...

Well, this is not my intention to be nasty, perhaps I am too acid sometimes and in spanish it is ok, but when I write in English it might sound bad as you mention. This is not my intention.

However, I feel that sometimes there is a huge misunderstanding of this country and instead of asking or trying to understand you guys just make asserts like the President is a stupid who recommends to buy at Central Market.

Perhaps she is absolutely right recommending that because, in my opinion, prices nowadays are artificial because they are regarding politics, they are a way to sabotage the reelection of Ms. Kirshner. So, if you go to the Central Market you go to the real market where supply and demand rule the prices.

One of the biggest problems in this country are regarding monopolies, carteles (menas there are a few producers who agree the prices among them instead of competing) and unions. The farmers have their Union (Sociedad Rural) and it is very strong, since the conflict with the government regarding the export tax for soy, prices raice 250% just because they wanted.

Regards

Bajo_cero2 said:
However, I feel that sometimes there is a huge misunderstanding of this country and instead of asking or trying to understand you guys just make asserts like the President is a stupid who recommends to buy at Central Market.

Perhaps she is absolutely right recommending that because, in my opinion, prices nowadays are artificial because they are regarding politics, they are a way to sabotage the reelection of Ms. Kirshner. So, if you go to the Central Market you go to the real market where supply and demand rule the prices.
Regards

Admonishing consumers to shop more carefully as a way to defeat hyperinflation is, in actual fact, as stupid as encouraging lovers to catch moonbeams in a net. It's a shallow political ploy aimed at deflecting responsibility for failed government policy. Those that defend Kirchner's remarks are either foolish or willing co-conspirators in government malfeasance.
Inflation is generally caused by governmental fiscal policies, e.g. deficit spending, failure to enact and enforce rational tax policy, misallocation of government resources, corruption, failure to adopt policy/laws to encourage production and international trade (i.e, maintaining an artificially strong peso to chisel on foreign debt obligations which has the effect as shooting oneself in the foot).

Why don't people demand an investigation into the Kirchners' corrupt purchase of a vast tract of land in their home province which was soon sold thereafter for 40 times its purchase price? Amazing how power corrupts.

Bajo_cero2 said:
Regards

I don´t agree with the statement, "some people wants to make too much money without working". Try setting up a retail business in Buenos Aires and you will then understand why things cost what they do.
First, el mercado central doesn´t distribute goods, so when stores in Capital Federal buy the merchandise, it´s already marked up substantially from the distributor you buy it from.
Second, are people aware of what overhead is here in a retail shop in Buenos Aires? Rent, electricity, supplies, taxes - IVA, Ingresos Brutos, Autonomos, ganancias, accountant fees, bank and credit card processing fees, impuesto al cheque, and if you have employees the costs are astounding, for one employee between their salary in hand and payroll taxes you are talking about $4,000 pesos per month.
Third, you then have to deal with inspectors of every type threatening to fine you or close you down.
Fourth, do you know the amount of hours and energy that is necessary to run a retail business? Try 12 hours per day 6 days a week. Then you have to go home and deal with all of the other problems, calls from the alarm company at night when they try and break in to your store, petty theft of merchandise, armed hold ups and no response from city government.
Now you all know why things cost SO much, I don't know any small business owner who is making a lot of money, most live very middle class lives.

I find it pathetic that the President is promoting milanesas para todos. I find it insulting that she suggests everybody should go to Mercado Central, how do people that have a 12 hr work day are supposed to do that? What if they do not have a car? What if while they are going they get delayed by some "protesters" ( ie piqueteros ) ? How are 40million Argentines supposed to go shop there for their groceries? Bajo_Cero, we have been having high inflation for the last 3 years... how does that relate to elections and manipulation? This government is one of the worst I have witnessed ( and I am being generous here )

One thing that would REALLY help prices is a reduction of taxes on certain items. In New York City, my hometown, there is no tax on FRESH fruits and vegetables, or other basic items. It's a big savings as sales tax in New York City is 8.25%, imagine the savings there would be here where sales tax is 21%!!

Back