Militancy Day 2022

Redpossum

Registered
i wish she would just go away
Many people feel that way about many different politicians.

It was only intended to be a comment on the subject of political pageantry, and the way it is reflected in cinema.

Stephen Spielberg borrowed the idea from Leni Riefenstahl's epic propaganda film, Triumph Of The Will, but it is a powerful image. It is an interesting question; from where did the person responsible for CFK's pageant yesterday get the idea? I'm not suggesting that it was a deliberate or even conscious borrowing of ideas. Movies influence us all deeply, and they form a big part of our view of the world, such that we may copy from them without even being aware of it.

One thing that never changes, populists always like to put on a show for their sheeple.

Anyway she is using the presidential helicopter and Axel K is using another governmental helicopter to get to their spectacle. A tax payer funded one-party event. Just what we need in a time of grave economic crisis.... let the show begin.

Attachments

• 6121300D-00F7-48C2-B4AE-830E443C1886.jpeg
    6121300D-00F7-48C2-B4AE-830E443C1886.jpeg
    276.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 90F6D83D-9166-453C-996B-3311DEE37B2E.jpeg
    90F6D83D-9166-453C-996B-3311DEE37B2E.jpeg
    42.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 82F08377-787E-4274-ABEF-577D53697C85.jpeg
    82F08377-787E-4274-ABEF-577D53697C85.jpeg
    249.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 6C6ED975-94DF-40B6-BFDA-14B397E3366C.jpeg
    6C6ED975-94DF-40B6-BFDA-14B397E3366C.jpeg
    586.5 KB · Views: 5
One thing that never changes, populists always like to put on a show for their sheeple.

Anyway she is using the presidential helicopter and Axel K is using another governmental helicopter to get to their spectacle. A tax payer funded one-party event. Just what we need in a time of grave economic crisis.... let the show begin.

Certainly your statement above is entirely true. But it implies that only populists do this, and that is not true. Everyone does it.

Furthermore, pageantry is one of the few concepts which is equally valid in both military and civilian contexts. Military pageantry is an enormously effective tool, which is why all military organizations make use of it. North Korea is a master of military pageantry, and often makes use of massive numbers of civilians in its pageants. This works because NK is a highly militarized society; most nations could not do this.

This video is about is about three and a half minutes. If you can stomach it, try to step back from your revulsion as an American, and watch what they're doing with a neutral, scholarly eye. Now think about it from a choreographer's point of view. Look how perfectly synchronized it is. There are a quarter million people, at a rough estimate, and everything they do is picture perfect. I can't imagine how many hours of practice it must have taken.

Obviously, there are a million and one cheap shots that could easily be taken, but that's not conducive to learning. Pageantry & Propaganda is a teachable, learnable skill, and a very useful tool.

This video is about is about three and a half minutes. If you can stomach it, try to step back from your revulsion as an American, and watch what they're doing with a neutral, scholarly eye.
Unable to do that I’m afraid as I’m not an American (well, I’m not a North American anyway ;-))

Anyway, it was cheap politics at its finest tonight.

CFK (who today in the absence of AF is the acting president of Argentina, as the elected Vice President of Argentina) harping on about the days when she “was in power” while completely omitting any reference to her current reign and responsibilities.

The biggest laugh of the night however was when she started talking about her and Nestor “saving” Aerolineas Argentinas and lambasting the “neo-liberal” government of the 90s who privatized it and other companies like YPF, passing then off as the opposition…. right after talking about the unbreakability of Peronist unity. I do wonder if she is bipolar or has some kind of multiple personality disorder as she seems to forget too easily who she is and where she came from.

When I first lived in Argentina it was $50 pesos and a choripan if you showed up for these things. I wonder how much it's up to now?

And who can go to these things? Don't people have work? I can't even schedule doctor appointments when I'd like to without it causing problems.

Unable to do that I’m afraid as I’m not an American (well, I’m not a North American anyway ;-))

Anyway, it was cheap politics at its finest tonight.

CFK (who today in the absence of AF is the acting president of Argentina, as the elected Vice President of Argentina) harping on about the days when she “was in power” while completely omitting any reference to her current reign and responsibilities.

The biggest laugh of the night however was when she started talking about her and Nestor “saving” Aerolineas Argentinas and lambasting the “neo-liberal” government of the 90s who privatized it and other companies like YPF, passing then off as the opposition…. right after talking about the unbreakability of Peronist unity. I do wonder if she is bipolar or has some kind of multiple personality disorder as she seems to forget too easily who she is and where she came from.
It's truly like schizophrenia, both her and Maximo.

He was complaining about "this government" 2 weeks ago, like, dude, your mom is literally the god damn vice president, this is your government.

And the Ks that supposedly hate Neoliberalism sure didn't mind cuddling up with the Argentine King of Neoliberalism himself:

1668734633777.png

One of the most repugnant things about Peronism isn't the constant lying (all politicians do that here), it's the attempts to re-write the past and gaslight people. And it's not even the distant past for which there were no photos, videos, or people alive who remember, it's everything from 10 minutes to 10 years ago, like we're stupid.

This was planned well in advance. While the Prez is in Bali attending the G20 summit. “While the cat's away, the mice will play”.
This is her un official launching of her presidential run. She’ll use Mas+A or KissyLove as her VP running mate. She's a one woman crime wave. A con, a thief, a liar. A greedy selfish manipulative sociopath. She's riding on the Lula victory in Brazil to launch her return. BTW ….she used the Presidential Helicopter to travel from the city to La Plata.
She doesn’t fool me for a minute.

Last edited:
Many people feel that way about many different politicians.

It was only intended to be a comment on the subject of political pageantry, and the way it is reflected in cinema.

Stephen Spielberg borrowed the idea from Leni Riefenstahl's epic propaganda film, Triumph Of The Will, but it is a powerful image. It is an interesting question; from where did the person responsible for CFK's pageant yesterday get the idea? I'm not suggesting that it was a deliberate or even conscious borrowing of ideas. Movies influence us all deeply, and they form a big part of our view of the world, such that we may copy from them without even being aware of it.
Powerful image for George Lucas as well...ahem.

Back