milk

From what i remember tuberculosis is the most dangerous thing you can get from raw milk...
If you want to get the cream off the raw milk, put it in the freezer until the milk is chilled.. not frozen.. and you will get a good think skin.. a couple inches on top, scoop off and make butter or use as cream in coffee or on scones.. yummmmmmmmm

Whether or not pasteurized milk is better for you than unpasteurized milk is still out with the scientists, the diseases you can get from drinking unpasteurized milk can be deadly even for healthy adults so while I believe strongly in organic natural foods I wouldn't drink "fresh" milk here...

I went on a trip with my brother in law in a neighboring country. We were in a rural area and he indulged and raw milk and unpasteurized cheese several times while I abstained. After the trip he stayed in the hospital for a few days recovering from what I believe was severe food poisoning. Whatever the merits of unpasteurized diary products are I would still advise caution as sanitation conditions throughout South America are not to first world standards, and the chances of getting a serious illness here is a lot higher as a result.

Here's a link with some safety tips on traveling in South America:

http://www.transitionsabroad.com/listings/travel/articles/travel_health_tips_for_south_america.shtml

HotYogaTeacher said:
Whether or not pasteurized milk is better for you than unpasteurized milk is still out with the scientists, the diseases you can get from drinking unpasteurized milk can be deadly even for healthy adults so while I believe strongly in organic natural foods I wouldn't drink "fresh" milk here...

Brucellosis is a big issue with untreated milk. Whilst the number people who die of it in Argentina each year only runs into single figures, many more are infected and it is a serious and debilitating disease that requires a rigorous antibiotic regime to cure - always assuming that it's diagnosed correctly in the first place.

I think we are talking about two different things. There is fresh milk, which is pasteurized but not ultra pasteurized. & then there is raw milk which is not at all pasteurized. Those are two different things. Neither of which I have seen for sale in BA. & I can't readily access small producers with their own cows right now.

Back