(Mind) The Gap

I buy tons of Gap shirts in the US and give them to my friends, I am sure I am only one doing this.

Some of them could be real GAP.. this happens all the time in asia - GAP (or whoever) contracts a factory to make a run of 1000 tee's, so the factory makes 2000, fills GAP's order, and then hocks off the rest to the fake market..

Yup definitely fake!
Ever heard of "Boli-shopping" (paseo de compras)??? That's where you get your fake Louis , too! and pretty much everything from socks to jackets to movies, the list is endless. We call it Boli-shopping because it is mainly Bolivian immigrants working there.

When my brother came to visit, he wanted some Argentina futbol sweatpants....

Adidas = 279 pesos
Boli-shopping = 50 pesos

Guess what he got???

And surely he chose the Adidas to be on the safe side and paid 279 pesos for it, but what he really got was a fake one...isn't? :(

fred mertz said:
I've been noticing an amazing number of locals wearing Gap clothing, mostly sweatshirts. There are no Gap stores in South America and almost none of these wearers look like they have ever been near a Gap. Why are these faux cloths allowed to be sold? What could possibly be next? Fake Louis Viutton?

Dude, fake Louis Vuitton is already all over Buenos Aires. Take a closer look at some of those 'LV' bags the dowagers at Patio Bullrich are toting ;)

Back