Mind boggling ignorance

Pensador

Registered
So I still slip out in the early AM hit the stores when they open as I do need to hit the ATMs no way around that yet. In the front of this URU chain market their selling worthless masks. I happen down a painting isle and come across a stock pile of FFP2 respirator masks. Get em while you can I was like oh my there selling junk like it is what is you need at the cash outs and here is the real stuff at $15 a pop. Not N95s but very close to that level and with a little modification you can take those masks to that level. So sad when people just do not understand or have a clue which in not their fault in many situations. Herd mind not trained etc.

Later I am waiting for this woman to clear and area in the market. Yea that is right I am not getting to close to anyone even with my gear on. Children's schools supplies section I wanted to to get some staples. I am 6 meters away and low and behold this one woman takes a deep breath and sneezes all over everything. I yelled her, Hey lady what did you just do? If you have the virus you sprayed it all over the stuff for the kids so they can come through here handle it and go home and infect their families. Do you understand you can kill people doing such things. People die from that sneeze it is your fault you killed them. Got the South American looking down head knoding act on that one.

Grisella posted a thread do you really need to disinfect everything. Well with sneezer, caughers and weekers like that sneezer you better disinfect cause careless clueless is everywhere sneezing on everything.

FFP2 is the real thing, I saw a CDC page today pointing to equivalents of N95 and it’s there, I’ll see if I can find it. How much were they in Pesos?

So I still slip out in the early AM hit the stores when they open as I do need to hit the ATMs no way around that yet. In the front of this URU chain market their selling worthless masks. I happen down a painting isle and come across a stock pile of FFP2 respirator masks. Get em while you can I was like oh my there selling junk like it is what is you need at the cash outs and here is the real stuff at $15 a pop. Not N95s but very close to that level and with a little modification you can take those masks to that level. So sad when people just do not understand or have a clue which in not their fault in many situations. Herd mind not trained etc.

Later I am waiting for this woman to clear and area in the market. Yea that is right I am not getting to close to anyone even with my gear on. Children's schools supplies section I wanted to to get some staples. I am 6 meters away and low and behold this one woman takes a deep breath and sneezes all over everything. I yelled her, Hey lady what did you just do? If you have the virus you sprayed it all over the stuff for the kids so they can come through here handle it and go home and infect their families. Do you understand you can kill people doing such things. People die from that sneeze it is your fault you killed them. Got the South American looking down head knoding act on that one.

Grisella posted a thread do you really need to disinfect everything. Well with sneezer, caughers and weekers like that sneezer you better disinfect cause careless clueless is everywhere sneezing on everything.
Yes, I have already seen what you described played out around here.

I observed a person coughing and sneezing without any regard for anyone or anything. MIND BOGGLING that some one would act and behave like that considering the seriousness of the situation out there and the prospect that they COULD BE exposing others to a deadly virus.

The only thing I could conclude was the following:

The world is shared, and not everyone takes care of it in the same way. Then I concluded that dogs are better companions than most (NOT ALL) people!

I wash everything I bring in the house.

FFP2 is the real thing, I saw a CDC page today pointing to equivalents of N95 and it’s there, I’ll see if I can find it. How much were they in Pesos?

I found these in one of the major chain stores in Uruguay. I wonder if I can send them to you via mail from here to there. I will check on that Monday. They are limiting to 3 per person so I cannot get a lot of them. Question is customs we all know about that mess. But I am going to get more. They cost around 18 USD here at the moment.

Uruguay is doing a decent job so far but for how long? We shall see. Cases are going down where I am located not up thank God. Was up to 15 a few weeks ago now is down t0 13 and no new cases in a couple of weeks. That does not mean let your guard down as far as I am concerned.

Uruguay set up a visual guide to the pandemic here. Nice way to get a real look at what is going on.

465 total cases so far
244 cases in process
214 recovered
Still getting new cases but not to bad yet

Allot of these cases were the socialite going to the big wedding sick a few of her victims have died so far. But there was a good portion of elderly people there and as we know they were at risk.

You can see the visual guide here

https://www.gub.uy/sistema-nacional...sualizador-casos-coronavirus-covid-19-uruguay

Not speaking from a lack of empathy but at the moment I feel fortunate I came back here. I was so hoping to go back to Arg take some vacation in BA then head back to Corrientes for the winter but I think wisdom dictates stay in Uruguay for some time.

The first infections in Germany/Bavaria came from auto parts factory lunch room where workers shared a Salt Sacker with a person infected..!

URU starts opening up somethings and I find it pretty scary notice no masks or gloves in the pic. The rule was you could go to the open market but only with masks and gloves. Oh gee let me see 2K folks the open market I am sure you can understand what that might lead too. Oh here let me touch the fruit sneeze, cough no mask....... careless and clueless is the killer not the virus. Those two in the background of the pick gee thanks for being a potential super spreader with no masks or gloves which were mandated if you wanted to go to the open market.

A couple of times I came accross young guys looking at me wear a mask in the street, Just before it became mandatory, pretending they were coughing to see my reaction

A couple of times I came accross young guys looking at me wear a mask in the street, Just before it became mandatory, pretending they were coughing to see my reaction
I've read about similar incidents in many countries. Global punks.

Back