Minimum income for Pensionada visa?

graydogman

Registered
Hi Everyone: I am trying to confirm what the minimum monthly income requirement is for a pension visa (in US dollars). Perhaps I haven't looked in the right places, but I have seen different numbers. I was hoping someone here might know and if so, does it fluctuate? Much thanks, Steve in Boise, ID.

Hi Steve, welcome to the forum. This information is from a post dated Feb 27, just before quarantines started:

If a foreigner is participating in the retirement system of anther country they would apply for the visa pensionado. To my knowledge, there has never been an exact number specified for the visa pensionado. Migraciones seems to be flexible on this one (or at least they have been in the past).

I'm not sure if any "monthly number" for the visa rentista currently appears on the migraciones website, but the last time I saw a specific amount on the site, it was $30.000,00 ARS per month.

That figure is long overdue for an increase. The last time it increased from $8.000 ARS per month to $30.000 ARS and, at the time the exchange rate was fifteen to one, so that amount was equivalent to about $2,000 USD per month.

Thank you for your feedback. Retirement is 2 years away and my pension will be small, which is a major reason I am looking at becoming ex-pat. It would appear it is a wait and see situation with Argentina.

Thank you for your feedback. Retirement is 2 years away and my pension will be small, which is a major reason I am looking at becoming ex-pat. It would appear it is a wait and see situation with Argentina.
The numbers from the post are for rentista type visa. There is no minimal income requirement for the pensionado type and never have been. As long as you have a letter confirming you are getting a govt or any legal provincial / federal pension plan monthly income FOR LIFE, it is sufficient. Whichever amount in Social Security payments you will be getting would do the trick. The only doubt remains is if they might be desperate enough to introduce a minimum for that type of visa past pandemic.
P.S. - for all the individuals that would like to dispute this info - I have a permanent residence that was granted on the grounds of a monthly pension about the size of a pocket money allowance for a middle class american teenager. :)

The numbers from the post are for rentista type visa. There is no minimal income requirement for the pensionado type and never have been. As long as you have a letter confirming you are getting a govt or any legal provincial / federal pension plan monthly income FOR LIFE, it is sufficient. Whichever amount in Social Security payments you will be getting would do the trick. The only doubt remains is if they might be desperate enough to introduce a minimum for that type of visa past pandemic.
P.S. - for all the individuals that would like to dispute this info - I have a permanent residence that was granted on the grounds of a monthly pension about the size of a pocket money allowance for a middle class american teenager. :)
:
....Thanks for the info. I work in the schools and I think a lot of the middle class teens have more pocket money than I do! : )

Back