Money - Food & Transferring Dollars, General Costs

120 pesos a day, at the blue rate, is ten bucks, more or less.
Ten bucks will buy you one sandwich and a drink at a Subway in the USA- I cant imagine trying to live on ten bucks a day for food eating out in the US.
Its not much money.

Eating at home, sure- but even eating at a cheap place in Buenos Aires, with a soft drink, and a couple slices of pizza, its easy to hit 50 pesos.

I think 120 pesos a day is very very tight.

There's a arbolito that has been frequently mentioned here in Galerie Boston which is in a public mall off of Florida St.. I have used them many times. Highly recommended.

Just had the menú in the Paseo San Martín for $40: Locro, an empanada, house wine and dulce de cayote dessert.

Bear in mind, most of you porteños would have to add airfare to Salta to that price.

PS I think there was soup too, but I was stuffed.

Just had the menú in the Paseo San Martín for $40: Locro, an empanada, house wine and dulce de cayote dessert.

Bear in mind, most of you porteños would have to add airfare to Salta to that price.

PS I think there was soup too, but I was stuffed.

see? I told you once the interior is waaay cheaper than BsAs, and you told me not!!
In general, apart from meals, was I right? is it true that the difference is very big in prices, that inflation is almost a porteño thing? Tell us more!

I went to a nice, tidy, restaurant last week, in Colegiales, I cant remember the name, something like El Cocilón, but Im not sure, we were 4, we ate very well, we had a very good bife de chorizo, with papas, other ordered matambrito de cerdo, we had wine, I had two coca colas, and desert: 430.

:cool:
once again Matias/Indec costs versus the rest of the world....no need to discuss further lets all go to El Cocilon for diner, from the menu described the bife the chorizo costed like $60?? No tips hahahahahha. below is the link please go there!
Note that the owners say the cost of a meal is $110 plus drinks!! Also note the comments of some Patrons at el Cocilon!!

I wonder why expats tend to inflate prices to make CFK look bad? :D

17 May 2014la comida es directamente mala, ensalada ceasar 95% lechuga y croutones húmedos, el servicio malo también, moza con poca actitud y mala cara, 0 onda, una lástima, no vuelvo!!!!

Google Translate

The food is clearly BAD Ceasar salad 95% lettuce with soaked croutons , the service was bad the waitress with no attitude and sour face, 0 onda, sorry experience, will not return...!!!

http://www.guiaoleo....n-del-Clu-12956

If you read better, I said portions are for two.

...and opinions are opinions before that one theres a good one from April...

I think the best way to know is going, and I think the only one who went here is me!. So Im telling you, no need to lie.

If you read better, I said portions are for two.

...and opinions are opinions before that one theres a good one from April...

I think the best way to know is going, and I think the only one who went here is me!. So Im telling you, no need to lie.

Well your original message didn't mention at all you had split /shared portions later you corrected it ?? :D

So I stand corrected? If you didn't split portions the fare would have been $200 plus per person??? :wub:

Well all other threads should be adjusted in case they had decided to SPLIT portions¿ :D

Lots of bars/cafes have the menu del dia for lunch, which tends to run cheaper than ordering off the menu. Still, going out is expensive.

Some medialunas, orange juice, and a coffee will run you about 70 pesos in some places. You'll have to be picky about where you eat. Then again, if you cook at home, stick to staples, and don't waste food, it should be doable.

We don't go out as much as we used to, but when we do it's never below 200 pesos for 2 - and that's for things like pizza, hamburgers, or Chinese food at a sit down restaurant. And every time we go it seems prices have crept up a bit more. :p I remember when I first came here my husband thought a 40 peso pizza was highway robbery.

Monday I was around Plaza Italia and I walked by the Kentucky Pizzería. There is a sign in the window advertising a "promotion" - 2 pieces of pizza and a mug of draft beer $44 pesos. On the sign you could see the sticky residue from where they had changed the price multiple times, I took a closer look and you could see it was $36 pesos before and $29 pesos before that and before that $18 pesos. Why don't they just make a new sign? That is soooo tacky!

I've been to Kentucky Pizza recently, but in Corrientes 1502, I saw the $44 promotion, 2 slices of pizza + 1 mug of beer, but I have been charged a bit more because this promotion is applied if you eat in the sector of the restaurant where there are no chairs to sit; in the sector where you can sit down promotion is a bit more expensive, it is $56 if I am not wrong, and the quality is very good (at least for me); I believe the quantity is enough for a girl, for a guy it could be not enough. This is the only acceptable place for a 20 girl I know where you can eat with a ARS 60 budget (including the tip) for a meal, on a chair, nice persons, good place, etc. If there is a Kentucky Pizza branch in Palermo it might be a good place to go. At least it was for me in the Corrientes ave. branch. The ARS 120 budget per day is a bit tight in my opinion (mainly salads, fruits, rice), but you can be OK with this budget if you keep one eye on the prices and you eat out occasionally in convenient places.

Back