Money Transfers (Xoom, Azimo) To Require A Cuil

Status
Not open for further replies.
The tweet says that all foreigners residing in Argentina for more than 90 days should have a CUIL (Código Único de Identificación Laboral), i.e. those who should have a residency permit. If you can present a valid tourist visa, then you're a tourist and won't have any problems. I'm not sure what this means for those who extend their tourist visas, though... Presumably, even if it's extended, you'd still be a "tourist," and thus not eligible to work.

What is the advantage to using Azimo over Xoom? Any at all?

Go to the XOOM website and see if they offer the transfer service to/from your home country. The list is not long. Azimo offers the transfer service to some of the countries XOOM does not.

RIA has recently been offering better rates that XOOM, but it's difficult to make a transfer using RIA while you are in Argentina. A VPN and a US telephone number (avaiable with Skype) can be used to defeat this "security" feature.

The CUIT is also the DNI number. Where do you see that you can get it without a DNI? As I mentioned, I believe you can only get a CDI without a DNI.

You can easily get a CUIL at ANSES by proving you have the right to reside in Argentina. A residencia precaria is enough for this and will get you a temporary CUIL that will be a different number from whatever your eventual assigned DNI number will be. Whenever your DNI shows up you can then go to ANSES to unify your CUIL numbers.

You can easily get a CUIL at ANSES by proving you have the right to reside in Argentina. A residencia precaria is enough for this and will get you a temporary CUIL that will be a different number from whatever your eventual assigned DNI number will be. Whenever your DNI shows up you can then go to ANSES to unify your CUIL numbers.

Ok, so you have to be a legal resident, and thus also have the ability to have a DNI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back