Moneygram transfer

I made a cash-pickup transfer from a US acct ($5 instead of $2) and was able to pick it up just fine. Had to jump around a few branches near the center but ultimately Latin Express took care of me. Looks like they take in plenty of money so it was all good. Ended up with more pesos than WU dollar for dollar so it was worth it and now I know where to go.

I created an account and when I went to send my first transfer via debit card, my account was immediately "permanently closed". I called customer service and they said there was nothing they could do, and that I could only do in person cash transfers, and they were unable to tell my why my account was closed. Disappointing but congrats to whoever was able to use it. $1.99 debit card transfers would have been great now that WU is so expensive :(

I created an account and when I went to send my first transfer via debit card, my account was immediately "permanently closed".
Apparently, you need to have a physical US address (not a mailbox) that is registered with your debit card. Besides, you should be careful explaining why do you want to make this transfer, as "sending money to myself" may not be a valid reason.

Apparently, you need to have a physical US address (not a mailbox) that is registered with your debit card. Besides, you should be careful explaining why do you want to make this transfer, as "sending money to myself" may not be a valid reason.
I do, I signed up with my US address and bank info. I was able to create the account without issues but I think where i messed up is that I was logged into a VPN when I tried to do the transfer and now am seriously regretting it :( :(

Transfer rate is now 292.80 (was 292.20 before the big drop; maybe the drop was some kind of error?).

I made a cash-pickup transfer from a US acct ($5 instead of $2) and was able to pick it up just fine. Had to jump around a few branches near the center but ultimately Latin Express took care of me. Looks like they take in plenty of money so it was all good. Ended up with more pesos than WU dollar for dollar so it was worth it and now I know where to go.

Would you care to disclose the location of this Latin Express branch.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Z Expat Life 16
Artur Expat Life 0
A Expat Life 0
P Expat Life 4
Y Expat Life 14
Back