Monotributista and invoicing

Monique

Registered
I am registered as a monotributista and therefore pay taxes on my worldwide income here in Argentina. Irrespective if clients are based in Argentina or abroad, I receive payment into my Argentinian bank account. I still have a bank account in my home country in Europe. I now have an opportunity to work on a few small one-off projects for clients in my home country in Europe, however if they pay me into my Argentinian bank account the costs (bank charges on both ends, exchange rate) are such that it doesn’t make it worthwhile. Does anyone know if I can send invoices as a monotributista here and request payment into my European bank account to avoid having to pay all these costs. I would still declare the income here so am not trying to avoid paying taxes; I am just trying to find a way not to have to pay all these costs on small payments. Thanks for any info you can provide on this matter.

I'm not sure how that would work, but have to say that your commitment to paying taxes on all your worldwide income is honourable. The solution most people would take is to do this work, take payment in Europe and not declare the income.

jp said:
I'm not sure how that would work, but have to say that your commitment to paying taxes on all your worldwide income is honourable. The solution most people would take is to do this work, take payment in Europe and not declare the income.

Why is it honourable? I would say it's honorable to pay taxes on income made in this country because it helps everyone as a result of circulation and business growth. To pay another more than a consumption tax on anything earned outside is just silly. By consumption tax, I mean the 21% sales tax we are paying on every good and service bought and used here.

Back