monotributista with precaria

Ashley

Registered
I want to register as a monotributista but only have my visa precaria so far. Has anyone else done this tramite on a precaria or do you have to wait for the DNI?

you can register at AFIP with your Precaria without trouble. you only need to present your passport + copia, 2 comprobantes on your name/address (like FiberTel, Telecom, ...) + copias and a "certificado de domicilio" from the police. For the registration you need to fill out on the formular the "codigo de Actividad" too - so be sure to have it before !!!

I have gotten my CUIT without any precaria/residencia. If they will ask you about the DNI or make some trouble tell them you will need this registration to present it at Migraciones to get the residence ;)

I'm just bumping this up again to see if anyone has any additional advice. I went to register at the AFIP as a monotributista (so that I can bill my "employer" for my services) and was told that although the precaria enables foreigners to be employed (en relacion de dependencia), you cannot register as a monotributista until you receive the DNI (another 3 to six months time, I'm guessing). Is this right? Has anyone actually attempted this before? I'd really appreciate any advice...don't fancy another few months of illegality and I can't see my boss producing an employment contract anytime soon!! (sigh)

OK - i don''t know the whole deal - but who does?!!! I had a precaria and i registered with AFIP, got the necessary paperwork, and got my invoices printed (was great after 4 years of waiting)

I have other problems - since then migraciones have cancelled my precaria and I have major immigration problems - but I still use my 'facturas' and the companies I present them to tell me - they are good and legal with AFIP (on a side note - although I have a horrible legal battle) yes I always pay my AFIP bill monthly.) It's necessary for the companies I work for.............and necessary for me too - no matter how much grief I get here. (Taxes are shit - but necessary in every country)

Ashley said:
I went to register at the AFIP as a monotributista ... and was told that although the precaria enables foreigners to be employed ..., you cannot register as a monotributista until you receive the DNI... Is this right?

This is not correct. You should be able to obtain a CUIT with your precaria, and then register in monotributo. In fact, the AFIP even has a special form (Nbr. 581) for foreigners to inform their DNI number once they obtain it, and get a new CUIT with that number.

http://ak.afip.gov.ar/genericos/formularios/archivos/pdf/f581.pdf

Attorney in BA said:
This is not correct. You should be able to obtain a CUIT with your precaria, and then register in monotributo. In fact, the AFIP even has a special form (Nbr. 581) for foreigners to inform their DNI number once they obtain it, and get a new CUIT with that number.

http://ak.afip.gov.ar/genericos/formularios/archivos/pdf/f581.pdf

I second this. I was given a temporary CUIT number with my precaria and told that I could do everything with that, but that I would have to come back to "dar de baja" that number and register with my new DNI once I received it. I am waiting to get invoices printed because, if OCA does as they say, my DNI will arrive on Saturday morning only a month after I did the permanent residency tramite, and I can just move forward with the official CUIT number. (after another lovely trip to AFIP's Constitucion branch)

Thanks everyone...I'm going to go back down there this Monday and try again!

Back