Monotributista

maimara

Registered
Hi there, again.

I am looking for advices on MONOTRIBUTISTA. I have Argentinian DNI por motivo trabajo, valid for 1 year. I remember when doing the tramités at Migraciones, they told I can't do monotributista with this DNI. But now reading different things from the mighty Internet, incl. AFIP pages, it feels I could have monotributista.

As I have in mi país worked as a consultant, I would like to continue those activities (and also in a desperate need for extra income, thanks you crazy Argentinian inflation rate!) I have asked around and I was actually able to find some consultancy gigs, but for that I would need a monotributista. I work with dependencia at my work so I have no monotributista for there.

Also, with monotributista, I would need a Argentinian bank account. Again, information found both affirming and denying that I can have bank account with the DNI of one year. Can anyone confirm if one can open a bank account with recidencia that is admitted for one year (with the possibility to renew it).

Any advise and tips on the categories of monotributista is much welcomed! And if someone would kindly like to share their experiences on what monotributista in terms of things you need to do every month + hacks, if they exists, are very much appreciated! We're in the same (sinking) boat here!

Also, tips which bank to choose are much needed - heard good things about Río and Galicia from local palsssssss. Also their free quotas when buying flight tickets are appealing.

Thanks!!!

You can be monotributista. Get an apponintment with AFIP online to INSCRIPCIONES - SOLICITUD DE CUIT PERSONAS FÍSICAS, also get CLAVE FISCAL nivel 3 if you don{t have it yet. After all of that is done, register online for monotributo and start paying. If you don{t know how to do this, hire an accountant.

If you are working for alocal company en blanco you should already have a bank account. If you don{t go to any bank with your DNI and whatever they require and open one. For example http://srvdocs2.bancociudad.com.ar/Content/Personas/Cuentas/01%20CAJA%20DE%20AHORRO%20GRATIS%20Requisitos_1.pdf

If all of the above sounds like too much. Try to get a hold of somebody that can invoice your future clients for you and pay all taxes , etc and you pay him + whatever he charges for this favor.

Hi, there. Yes, you can have a bank account. I am in the same boat except I got residency through studying rather than work.

I opened up a bank account with Santander, very easily. The options are limited--at least with Santander--being a temporary resident and not from Mercosur. Be careful, there are monthly fees you will want to ask about.

Regarding the monotributo, I tried to do the whole process on my own. I went to AFIP and I got my clave fiscal and my CUIL, but when I tried to go through the steps online to register as a monotributista, I faced a lot of problems.

So, I had an accountant help me with that and he got me all squared away. The minimum cuota at the moment is almost 1,000 pesos if I remember correctly. To be honest, I wish I wasn't a monotributista. It's not a good deal.

One important thing is that if the OP is already working en blanco with a proper salary receipt, if he enrolls in monotributo, he will only pay " impuesto integrado " and not the other components. So for example for category A he will pay 68$ total for monotributo and NOT 787$.

Hi!

Thanks for the comments and recommendations!

I am also curious to know why monotributista is not a good option?

Also, just to be sure:
- monotributista means basically working as a freelancer - so after you have done your business, you send them your invoice?
- as a monotributista, you pay taxes per work gig you did, not monthly? I mean, besides the taxes now going with trabajo blanco, if I also have monotributista actions, I pay taxes per work I charge, not on a monthly basis (or does monotributo come with a monthly fixed sum you need to pay si o si you have done any monotributing that month? Sorry if these questions sound silly, I just want to be clear where I am heading and what to expect.

Cheers!

Hi!

Thanks for the comments and recommendations!

I am also curious to know why monotributista is not a good option?

Also, just to be sure:
- monotributista means basically working as a freelancer - so after you have done your business, you send them your invoice?
- as a monotributista, you pay taxes per work gig you did, not monthly?

Cheers!

Invoice, yes. Depending on your monotributista category you might have to file your invoice on AFIP portal.
You pay a fixed monthly amount, regardless of whether you've actually worked that month or not.

Back