More newcomers

Staszekfc

Registered
Happy New year!

Two weeks ago my family and I arrived in Buenos Aires and have been enjoying all from this great city that you can enjoy with two toddlers and no nanny/babysitter :)

We are looking forward to making new friends and this forum seems like a nice starting point. The nanny issue should be solved soon so we expect to have some more free time for social activities.

We are a Dutch couple with two little kids (1,5 and 3yrs old) and have lived in Chicagoland before coming to Buenos Aires. We love to sail and joining a sailing club or something like that stands high on the priority list. In addition to sailing we like to travel and we can't wait to explore more.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Staszek & Anita

I think www.cvsi.org.ar may be useful for sailing. Welcome to my beloved Buenos Aires, and I hope to meet you soon. A bunch of us meet regularly for drinks every week, its lots of fun!! The invitation is posted usually on Thursdays evening and we meet on Fridays night, from 8 pm.

Thanks Roxana! Looking forward to join you guys for drinks as soon as we have a babysit.

Hello Staszek and Anita! I am a 26 year old woman from the US who lived in Chicago the past 5 years--I sure do miss it!! I am available to babysit evenings and weekends when you need to run errands or just for a night out. I have babysat for 2 expat families here, however, they have recently went back home so I'm looking for another family. I am an ESL teacher here but have always babysat on the side and love children. I can provide references if needed. I would love to meet you and your family! Feel free to send me a private message or an email. Thanks!

Alyssa
[email protected]

Staszekfc said:
Happy New year!

Two weeks ago my family and I arrived in Buenos Aires and have been enjoying all from this great city that you can enjoy with two toddlers and no nanny/babysitter :)

We are looking forward to making new friends and this forum seems like a nice starting point. The nanny issue should be solved soon so we expect to have some more free time for social activities.

We are a Dutch couple with two little kids (1,5 and 3yrs old) and have lived in Chicagoland before coming to Buenos Aires. We love to sail and joining a sailing club or something like that stands high on the priority list. In addition to sailing we like to travel and we can't wait to explore more.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Staszek & Anita
Hello newcomers!
Would be glad to meet you - we're living in Palermo also, and so like to travel & see anything new in the world. Contact me by private message (PM).
All the best
Nika

Thanks for your offer Alyssa! From the next week we should have a nanny but if anything goes wrong we will for sure keep you in mind!

Hi Nika, would be glad to meet up with you. Maybe we can go together to one of the firday meetups?

Another question: what is a good place to buy a decently priced refrigerator, washing machine etc?

Hello Staszek & Anita!

I'm a Dutch women, with an Argentinian husband, and we're moving to Buenos Aires in a couple of weeks. We have a baby girl and a 2nd on the way, and it would be great to meet you. Perhaps you could already send me some tips about how to arrive as smooth as possible :)?

Hope to hear from you,
Stephanie

Back