More robberies in Argentina than anywhere else in the Americas

in my opinion i don't think its correct! oops! am i allowed to have an opinion!?
no but seriously..i have no doubt seen and felt an increase in crime in Argentina FORSURE! but i still don't consider it to be the most dangerous! especially compared to Columbia,or even in lima some places in mexico ect...or hell even san jose!
definitely think its become much worse here but still don't think this article is correct!

and do think it could top 5...but top??? naaaah i don't think so!

OMG !! Another absolutely conclusive confirmation that , Yes Virginia , there is crime in Argentina. Be safe everyone !!

sergio said:
For years I've been reading on this board that crime is a lot worse in the US and that BA is a pretty safe place. Any opinion to the contrary was blasted for being retrograde. What happened to those expats?

They are still here and they aren't expats.

shoush said:
and do think it could top 5...but top??? naaaah i don't think so!

Well I'm sure you can take it up with the OAS :rolleyes:

We talk about crime all the time here with some saying it's bad and others arguing that it doesn't exist.

This is an impartial report issued by OAS - hence I thought it was interesting to share. Farenheit found and posted it in another link but I thought it was too important to get buried.

I just dont believe it, I call for a re-report...or something...(sarcasm).

Along with what citygirl has already mentioned about it being scary to think what the real numbers are given the amount of unreported crimes here, as well arent these numbers from 2010? I would think crime has increased significantly in Argentina since that time as well.

sergio said:
For years I've been reading on this board that crime is a lot worse in the US and that BA is a pretty safe place. Any opinion to the contrary was blasted for being retrograde. What happened to those expats?

Or maybe the question is more, what happened to Argentina? ;)

trennod said:
I just dont believe it, I call for a re-report...or something...(sarcasm).

Along with what citygirl has already mentioned about it being scary to think what the real numbers are given the amount of unreported crimes here, as well arent these numbers from 2010? I would think crime has increased significantly in Argentina since that time as well.

Worse - 2008. Every other country used 2010 numbers but Argentine gov't hasn't issued an official report since '08 if this is correct.

La mayoría de las naciones americanas completó sus estadísticas de 2010, pero en el caso argentino el organismo internacional tuvo que utilizar las de 2008, las últimas informadas oficialmente por el Gobierno.

citygirl said:
Worse - 2008. Every other country used 2010 numbers but Argentine gov't hasn't issued an official report since '08 if this is correct.

La mayoría de las naciones americanas completó sus estadísticas de 2010, pero en el caso argentino el organismo internacional tuvo que utilizar las de 2008, las últimas informadas oficialmente por el Gobierno.

Yep, worse :eek:

nicoenarg said:
Oh people, the above study is a plot by the IMF and the US government to take over the world. They just want to put down Argentina because Argentina is the best country in the world and is "a bad example" that the IMF doesn't like.

You know...its all a big conspiracy! The whole world does not like Argentina and they lie, they LIE, like Clarin, they all LIE!!

See? I just proved the above study wrong. Because in the US _______ !:rolleyes:

tinfoil.gif

It's lonely at the top (until someone comes along and mugs you, that is).

Back