Morelli Stove?

I think the issue with most of the gas ovens I have seen in BA is thermostat control - most don't seem to have this.

Heating from a gas oven is different than from an electric oven. The heating is more uneven and there is air moving due to the open flame (ever tried to cover a cake with aluminium foil in a gas oven? Forget about it!). Also, usually gas ovens have a high lower temp (above 130°C), whereas electric oven can start as low as 30°C or 50°C, which is excellent for proving and to bake meringues.

The most basic electric oven by Franke doesn't even have a timer (made in Turkey, I was told at the shop). Franke is a leading brand abroad, but the electric oven I saw here was very basic and very alike to a Domec or BGH. I can't wrap my mind around the idea of having to pay around USD1,000 for a common consumer-grade oven.

we bought a brand new oven about 2 years ago, when nothing imported was in the market, and it's worse than bad. It does not even have a temperature indicator. It's electric, but when you turn it on, you have no idea what the temperature will or might be. My wife uses it as a perfect excuse not to be able to cook at home, so we eat out! The few times she has used it, everything either gets burned or is uncooked! At least, the refrigerator still works

It's such a good thing you're here Nikad, I never would have thought an important appliance shop could sell an uncertified oven! It wouldn't even have entered my head to check certification, because why would they sell something that isn't fit for the purpose they're selling it for?!? I am also about to start the hunt for a new gas oven so your post has been incredibly helpful! Thank you.
Glad to be of help. I really wanted to get a very solid good stove for myself a few months ago, and learned all of this stuff. I simply could not believe they sold something that was not certified at those home appliance stores. My kitchen is small so I didn't want to cause a fire by getting something too powerful....you never cease to be amazed here. ( word from a local )

we bought a brand new oven about 2 years ago, when nothing imported was in the market, and it's worse than bad. It does not even have a temperature indicator. It's electric, but when you turn it on, you have no idea what the temperature will or might be. My wife uses it as a perfect excuse not to be able to cook at home, so we eat out! The few times she has used it, everything either gets burned or is uncooked! At least, the refrigerator still works
damn, I think I should have bought the electric :D

How about Electrolux? Anyone had any experience with these stoves?
They now have a double oven stove. Saw it a couple of days ago in a client's home.

http://www.electrolu...Cocina/Cocinas/
I don't know about their stoves, but the Electrolux espresso machine I got that crapped out after 2 weeks of use and the ensuing LACK of customer service was unreal . i swore never to buy another Electrolux product again on the basis of how that experience.

Heating from a gas oven is different than from an electric oven. The heating is more uneven and there is air moving due to the open flame (ever tried to cover a cake with aluminium foil in a gas oven? Forget about it!). Also, usually gas ovens have a high lower temp (above 130°C), whereas electric oven can start as low as 30°C or 50°C, which is excellent for proving and to bake meringues.

You totally just made that stuff up.

A gas oven with a standing pilot will usually have a minimum temp of less than 5*C above room temp. The movement of air is due to convection which takes place in electric ovens as well. The evenness of heating depends on the design of the oven not the fuel. I along with millions of people have covered things with aluminium foil in gas ovens without any problems. The only real difference is a very slight humidity from the combustion.

BTW serafina, have you figured out how to make pasta yet?

Back