Mosquitoes Are Back (And Hungry, Very Much)

French jurist

Registered
Only the countryside people will understand: I take my PC in the garden, under roof, to work from september until april.
Took my PC out 3 days ago (got a flu yesterday), and tonight hordes of mosquitoes are after me.

Beware, they are nasty and very hungry

As I finished mowing late this afternoon the skeeters were out in force. A pump (not aerosol) anti-insect spray that I bought at Carrefour kept them from biting,

PS: There was so much rain in the late winter that the weeds are already almost waist high just beyond my fence line. I've had to mow the same area (still dominated by weeds) three out of the past four days, gradually lowering the cutting level. As unlikely as it seems, if I keep it cut as close to the ground as possible, the "grass" will eventually prevail. The roots are deep and it spreads out on its own.

We gave them your address, glad they found the way on their own!

They made it here, too. I am sorry to inform you that they are actually "homing" mosquitos and you will see them again soon.
emo18.gif

People within 20 meters of any standing water source will understand. I can't even open my windows without them finding their way in practically immediately. If only there were some sort of invention that allowed you to have your window open but also keep bugs out at the same time...

People within 20 meters of any standing water source will understand. I can't even open my windows without them finding their way in practically immediately. If only there were some sort of invention that allowed you to have your window open but also keep bugs out at the same time...

You mean like a screen? They are called telas mosquiteras here, you can have them installed. Window panes with metalic netting.

Btw, I just came back from the park and I am itching as well! I think they bit through my hair into my scalp. Tremendos!

Funny someone posted this, because an hour ago I was changing out of my work clothes and was surprised to find a new bite on my calf...somehow I got bitten through my jeans and knee-length socks (I was a bit chilly this morning). I dunno how they can get through so many layers, but apparently I'm worth it.

Damn, I still have bite scars on my legs from summer 2010...so not ready for this.

We had 20 cm of snow today so mozzie season is some way away for us. I hope...

Back