Where Are The Mosquitoes?

Bricky

Registered
Haven't seen a mosquito since before Christmas I think.
Isn't that a little unusual? iirc the city is generally overrun with mosquitoes at this time of year.

Did I miss a memo? :huh:

The good news is no mosquitos, the bad news is we've had rat, mouse, cockroach and ant invasions instead.

There was a population explosion of dragonflys this year. They eat the larvae of the mosquito. Also, my neighbors have been complaining about the population explosion of bats so that could have driven down the population as well. I was speaking with my husbands Aunt and Uncle and they used to spray here in the city for mosquitos as well as in the various states where dengue and malaria were rampant however the government decided to stop spending the money on it. Big surprise there.

In Capital at least they starte fumigations 2 months early this year, don't know if that has had an effect or not

Yes, even down my way in zona sur, I've noticed that the mosquitos and also the flies seem different this year, considerably less - sometimes almost nothing, then occasionally somewhat heavy, loosely correlated to heavy rains, but not predictably so. Now that you mention the dragon flies, yes, it does seem I've noticed more of them this year - maybe that's it.

Spider mites on the other hand are doing quite well, but that probably goes in the garden thread.

They were all killed by la nube tóxica B)

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1534241-una-nube-toxica-causo-caos-y-panico-en-el-centro-de-la-ciudad

Come to my house if you want Mosquitos, I have 2 spirals burning at all times.

Mosquitoes disappeared because I had screens installed about two years ago: Caballito. The year before the screens, critters were eating me alive. Since the screens, nary a skeeter.

Back