Motorbike and helicopter lessons

kwalarking

Registered
Strange one this. Does anyone know where one can take motorbike and/or helicopter lessons in BA?

thx

Great question.
I looked and looked for motorbike lessons when I bought one about four years ago, having never been on one.
The only ones I could find were run by Honda and BMW, but you have to own one of those marques to begin with, which I don't..lol.
In the end I taught myself on private roads and lanes.
No idea about helicopters, sorry.

BMW offers a 5 day course where you do NOT need to own a bike. I recently took the course offered in the autódromo here in B.A. Don't know all the contacts, prices ect. because it was arranged by my father in-law. It was fun, they use the BMW 800 GS, very nice bike. You can check out this link http://www.bmw.com.ar/ar/es/insights/driving_experience/drivertraining/trainings/training.html or the link to BMW Motorrad http://www.bmw-motorrad.com.ar or this place would also have more info: rentamoto.com.ar. Suerte.

kwalarking, if you can't find any official options that work for you, and you have a bike, I'd be willing to show you the basics if you're up for it. I had a zx6-r in NYC for several years and rode the shit out of it in all 5 boroughs and in the mountains upstate. You wouldn't have to pay me or anything. I would just enjoy sharing some knowledge. Cheers.

I would help too.
I have a 250 which is reasonable to handle and learn on.
Lots of open spaces where I live, especially during the week by the riverside road which follows the Tren de la Costa route.
Weekends not recommended due to heavy traffic.
There are also quite a few areas off the main road for training purposes.

kwalarking said:
Strange one this. Does anyone know where one can take motorbike and/or helicopter lessons in BA?

thx

Whatever you are planning, it sounds awesome. :p

BrooklynStandUp said:
kwalarking, if you can't find any official options that work for you, and you have a bike, I'd be willing to show you the basics if you're up for it. I had a zx6-r in NYC for several years and rode the shit out of it in all 5 boroughs and in the mountains upstate. You wouldn't have to pay me or anything. I would just enjoy sharing some knowledge. Cheers.

Also if _BrooklynStandUp_ lesson is too rough,(Indeed a Joke) I can be teaching you how to ride motorbikes safely, believe me,Ii am an Old Men already but still ride A Yamaha R1 ! You have to wait till I reach your shores despite! Also lived in N.Y.C. back in the 70's~80"s then had the Honda CB750
1st 4 cylinders bikes but then changed it to a Honda CBX 6 cylinders 1000 c.c Bike, Also owned GoldWings as well.

Hybrid Ambassador said:
....Yamaha R1...

*DROOL*

I had an FZR 1000 EXUP back in the day, best damn bike I ever had... and I had quite a few. I can't even imagine what riding an R1 must be like. I have been getting the bug lately, I'm thinking a 250/500 (for now, wink wink)

I started and ran the first motorcycle safety school in Mendoza in 2006. Got tired of watching my friends go down so I rented out the supermarket parking lot one Sunday per month. Used the US Motorcycle Safety Foundation's program as a basis and added some stuff that was geared to experienced riders. Most of us were on big BMW's but you can easily learn on a 250. I'm partial to BMW's program, both street and off-road.

I highly suggest you go to an accredited school. Having non-professionals teach you is a really good way to learn bad habits (that they think are correct because it seems logical). Seriously, don't do that.

The above goes for helicopter training as well. Sorry, I didn't start a school for that. If you want to learn how to take off from and land on an aircraft carrier I can help you with that one (3500 tactical hours and 948 traps). We'll need to borrow Brasil's carrier though as Argentina doesn't have one.

Back