Moving back to BA from US and getting my retirement

It's very easy to get new plastic (CREDIT / DEBIT cards) when living abroad ... here is the method:

Your institution sends the new card to your EE UU address. Your EE UU (Family member most likely ...) recipient at he address sends them to you (INT'L OVERNIGHT ENVELOPE is better of you don't mind paying the fee for freight.) ... Once they arrive, activate them either on line or by letting your sender do it from their telephone (which should be the one of record on your account.) Now they are live and the process has been done after they are safely in your possession.

I am by myself in USA. No family. Also, I have sent a credit card to a friend in BA, many (many!) years ago and it got lost. I dont trust them. But, thank you, anyway.

When I moved from NYC to BA in 2008 I used Andreani’s They delivered two extra large "Commercial Bin" size boxes for less that $1.500 U$D for both. Nothing was broken or missing. The bins were never opened. They took care of all the paperwork. The boxes were delivered to the address of a friend living here. You'll have to fill out a customs form stating what’s in the box. I shipped a lot of books, one brand new iMac computer some clothes and personal stuff.
Good luck.

When I moved from NYC to BA in 2008 I used Andreani’s They delivered two extra large "Commercial Bin" size boxes for less that $1.500 U$D for both. Nothing was broken or missing. The bins were never opened. They took care of all the paperwork. The boxes were delivered to the address of a friend living here. You'll have to fill out a customs form stating what’s in the box. I shipped a lot of books, one brand new iMac computer some clothes and personal stuff.
Good luck.

Thank you for the info. The situation with Andreani changed a lot from 2008 until today, but I will find out if they are still doing it.

It's very easy to get new plastic (CREDIT / DEBIT cards) when living abroad ... here is the method:

Your institution sends the new card to your EE UU address. Your EE UU (Family member most likely ...) recipient at he address sends them to you (INT'L OVERNIGHT ENVELOPE is better of you don't mind paying the fee for freight.) ... Once they arrive, activate them either on line or by letting your sender do it from their telephone (which should be the one of record on your account.) Now they are live and the process has been done after they are safely in your possession.
I had no problem having my US bank sending me a new credit card here. They know I live here. They don't care. My money is in their bank. My SS is deposited directly. I do Western Union every month. I refuse to deal with the banks here. Effectivo is always welcome.

I had no problem having my US bank sending me a new credit card here. They know I live here. They don't care. My money is in their bank. My SS is deposited directly. I do Western Union every month. I refuse to deal with the banks here. Effectivo is always welcome.
Credit card or DEBIT CARD?

thank you for the info!

I got both in the regular mail. But that was pre pandemic.
Amazing - good for you.

I have heard of institutions closing people's accounts when they learn of the user living in a different country. Not sure why that is, but it seems to have happened. COULD BE LENDER / INSTITUTION specific??? I do not know???

Amazing - good for you.

I have heard of institutions closing people's accounts when they learn of the user living in a different country. Not sure why that is, but it seems to have happened. COULD BE LENDER / INSTITUTION specific??? I do not know???
I have no idea. My bank has no problem with my living out of the country. And they are a nationwide bank. I had long discussions with them before I left.

Since 1970 I have banked with the same institution headquartered in San Francisco. In 2005 I changed my address on the account to the one in CABA when their statements went paperless. In 2015 I received a telephone call here from a commercial accounts rep asking me to verify that I wanted to keep ARG as my main account address and the California address as secondary. I said yes, and that was the end of it.

Back