Moving from USA to Argentina....best option with phone?

How Can one download Google Voice on a local Android device.?

Google Voice no está disponible​

Google Voice no se admite aún en tu país
You have to download the apk and manually install the app. Only choice if you're not in the US.

Or create a separate Google account with USA address and payment method and switch to this account in the Google Play before downloading the app.
That sounds like a whole lot of work when you can just take 2 minutes to download the apk and not have to deal with an extra account you didn't want.

That sounds like a whole lot of work when you can just take 2 minutes to download the apk and not have to deal with an extra account you didn't want.
It is a matter of preference, I would not download, for example, an apk of an American banking app from a third party site. So, it makes sense to set up a separate Google account and use it anytime you have to deal with the geolocation issues.

I actually use two accounts. To me it's the easiest because you can easily switch back and forth (it's literally selecting which account you want to use from the menu on the fly) in the play store and then you have access to apps in the US market and the Arg market. So you can access official apps from the store without sideloading the apk from a sketch site. Both market apps will work on your phone simultaneously.

This also works great for the NFL international app that is not available in North America.

How Can one download Google Voice on a local Android device.?

Google Voice no está disponible​

Google Voice no se admite aún en tu país
If you do not have a GV number yet then best to setup using a computer browser first. while using a VPN server which exists in USA. To do this you need to already have a usa number which GV can associate with you to forward incoming calls. It is easy enough to borrow a family or friend USA number and ask them to answer when Google setup call, and say yes plus the 2 digits verification you must text to them at the same moment.

Algo VPN I use is free if you setup your own on AWS cloud. AWS cloud is free for 1 year. For my vpn use after the first year it costs $1-2 depending on use. There are very few for-pay VPN services which I would trust or who are not annoying. Perhaps now Tailscale VPN, is trustworthy, free, and is even easier than this Algo https://blog.trailofbits.com/2016/12/12/meet-algo-the-vpn-that-works/

Interesting thread. I'll be arriving in BA soon.

Just to reconfirm as a tourist I can still buy a regular sim card with data without a DNI right?

Why are so many expats resorting to Google FI when simcards and data packages are cheap anyways?

Back