Moving from USA to Argentina....best option with phone?

Why are so many expats resorting to Google FI when simcards and data packages are cheap anyways?
Google Fi is a great service to use for traveling. And while in USA. You get one phone number with a regular sim, and several shared data only sim to share your plan data in tablets. It makes -no- sense at all to use if you are sitting in one country for more that one or two weeks. Just pause the Fi service when you arrive and get a local SIM card. Fi is zero cost when paused. unpause the night before you travel (since you cannot unpause while traveling without data).

I don't need nor want a local number, that's why. I use FI so I keep what I had

I don't need nor want a local number, that's why. I use FI so I keep what I had
But perhaps you do want reasonably priced data while you travel around the country? If you do not mind paying $40-100 per month to avoid the complications of switching sims or using two phones, vs $20 local plan, then yes G Fi is also ideal while in-country as well.

Why are so many expats resorting to Google FI when simcards and data packages are cheap anyways?
Obviously to keep a US phone number and not have to worry about data plans and Sims from other countries. We'll worth the cost, especially if you travel a lot.

US number that also works with verification I meant to add. Google Fi is an all in 1 international solution when used with Voice.

Back