Moving in 3 weeks: specific things to bring...

Neilcampbell31

Registered
Hello all & happy Christmas to everyone,

I am moving to BA from London to learn Spanish for a few months in January '12.

Can anyone think of anything specific which is worthwhile bringing to BA, other than a lot of money [insert unhappy face] and suntan lotion [insert happy face].

Along with the regular travelling items, I will also be bringing my birth certificate and UK police certificate in the off-chance I secure a sponsor (we can all dream!)

Any advice would be really appreciated...

Thanks a lot!

Neil

Don't worry about suntan lotion, nor the fanciest bottle of malt whisky as you can easily get it here. What you can't get is Heinz Baked Beans, Pickled Walnuts, HP Sauce, Branston Pickle, Marmite, decent curry powder and masala powders, footware if you take UK size 9.5 or more, and if you are tall "big clothes" are not easy to come by. Those are the items I usually bring from the UK when visiting, which isnt very often. Clothes and footware are much cheaper in the UK than in Argentina.

The big thing is not to count on buying any clothes when you get here, unless you want to pay 40% more for poorer quality. And like Mark says, unless you are small-framed you will have a very hard time finding clothes in your size.

Miscellaneous things I stock up on when I am in Canada: protein bars, AA batteries, men's multivitamins, brand name toiletries that can't be found here, cologne, spice blends and specialty foods.

I cant believe you mentioned all those food items a without listing malt vinegar...

Back