Moving in a week

stl999

Registered
Hello everyone!

My husband and I are relocating to BsAs for my job in about a week. All the plans aren't finalized yet, but that comes with the territory of expat life.

I am from the US and my husband is from Cyprus. We have been living in India for the last year and half, and while it will be difficult to leave our life here, we are very excited for our next assignment.

We greatly welcome any tips or suggestions before we leave, or what to do once we arrive.

See you soon!

Kind regards,
Katie

Welcome, Katie! I hope that you and your husband will like it here. You are coming at the right time, just as the weather is warming up. :)

I noticed your username and I have to ask: any chance you are from St. Louis?

Good luck with your move. You'll find a lot of helpful information on this forum, don't be afraid to use the search bar.

Thanks for the welcome! You guessed right. I am originally from St. Louis. What about yourself?

Hope to see you guys in BA soon. So what kind of job lands you here after working in India?
Do you have any kids? Where in the city are you going to relocate to? Have you visited here before?
Have a smooth transition, will look out for your arrival post..good luck!

Nice to see another St. Louisan. I was born and raised there, and most of my family remain there.

When times get rough here I remember "at least I'm not living in St. Louis!" ;)

I am finally here! Arrived late Wednesday night. My husband had to stay back b/c the police commissioner in India lost his paperwork for his visa. Ugh!
Been to the office the past two days and everyone is so friendly! I forgot what it was like for people to say hello in the lift and open doors!
Excited to finally be here, but it doesn't feel real quite yet.

@AlfajorEfi - I am in the financial services industry, opening a offshore office down here. This is the first time I have set foot in South America. No kids.

Thanks to everyone for the welcome!

Hi there.
I seems that I will be much in the same position that you were in Septemeber as I will be in Mid feb.
Im really interested to hear how you have gotten on? I do hope well. Did you find somewhere nice to live? Its all a bit scary at the moment for me and I would welcome any advise.
Many thanks, Rx

Back