Moving money in & out between us

For that kind of figures you would have to check with your bank's office of Comercio Exterior to find out the regulations. They should be able to tell you. On the other hand, I referred to "declared money"; otherwise, you should use other methods.
I was able to send a 100 USD test to my account this morning. I made the wire at 9 this morning and the money was in my account 12 PM ( 3 hours). While in other countries the money is deposited directly; I had to log in to my Santander account to "liquidar" the money and answer a few questions and sign a "declaration jurada".
May I ask which bank you have here? You stated that you haven't had any problem so far regarding limits, do you think sending 10 000/month would be fine? How do you withdraw the dollars?

Do they always have cash when you try to withdraw the money in USD from the bank? I bet they don't have USD ATM here.
Also, I am talking about 150 000 USD that I am trying to get in small amounts (2000/5000/10000 USD). The point is not sending too much via the system. Else, I'll have to pay impuesto bienes personales on money I made abroad and before being an Arg. Tax resident.
If you can prove that the money paid taxes in the country of origin, you simply wire it to Arg and leave it in a usd denominated account, deposits in dollars in savings accounts are exempt of bbpp.

I was able to send a 100 USD test to my account this morning. I made the wire at 9 this morning and the money was in my account 12 PM ( 3 hours). While in other countries the money is deposited directly; I had to log in to my Santander account to "liquidar" the money and answer a few questions and sign a "declaration jurada".
May I ask which bank you have here? You stated that you haven't had any problem so far regarding limits, do you think sending 10 000/month would be fine? How do you withdraw the dollars?
Santander. My account movements are not as large as yours, since it's not necessary for me. As I said before, the ones who will tell you regulations are the guys in COMEX (comercio exterior) and they will send you the Banco Central regulations regarding to the monthly limits and any other info that you need. Just email them and they will give you all the info. I withdraw the cash from my account from the teller or may leave the money there until I need to use it.

I am trying to add my Santander account to my Bank of Ametica account for international wires but neither the CBU nor the Santander number works. The Swift code is correct. Do you use CBU or account number to send USD to your local Arg. Account?
I always use the SWIFT and only the account numbers and address for the bank transfers. Nobody cares about a CBU abroad.

Thank you so much, Silvie!
I was able to send a wire this morning and the 100 dollars are already in my account. I'll look the regulations. It may worth paying bienes personales instead of paying a 5% commission to the cuevas to get access to dollars.

Anyone has any experience of withdrawal USD in ATM in neighborhood countries?

If I can get 9500 USD per trip, that may be a good option as well.

Back