Moving To Ba At The End Of December

Ruaroots

Registered
Hello,

My name is Ellis and I will be moving to Buenos Aires at the end of December. The plan is to stay until at least September and if I like it, I will stay for good. I am from NYC and need a nice change of scenery. At the moment I am trying to decide which university to study at (I am a couple of classes away from earning my masters and my university here in NYC agreed to allow me to study in BA). I am very excited and I hope that I fall in love with the city. My spanish is at a low intermediate level, I hope to eventually become fluent.

All the best,

Ellis

Welcome Ellis!i hope you find what you are looking for in Argentina
I 'm not wise enough to give advise but consider learning the lingo right quick and in a hurry or your horizon will be very narrow
Best of luck to you bud!

Your university may have agreed to allow you to study in Argentina, but you have to be accepted by a university. The school year is March to December.

Argentinian Student Visa Requirements for US Citizens:
A valid passport and visa are required for study.

1 Passport Requirements:
Original, signed passport valid for 6 months beyond stay, with at least one blank visa page available for visa stamp(s). Amendment pages in the back of the passport are not suitable for visa stamps.

2 Argentinian Visa Application Form
One signed Argentina visa application form plus one copy.
Improperly completed Argentina visa application forms may delay the processing of your Argentina visa.

3 Photo Requirements:
One recent 2 x 2 passport type photograph, in color, front view and with a plain/white background.

OR - you can upload a passport photo to the Global Service Order Form when you place your order, instead of providing physical passport photos.

4 Other Forms:
Approval from Immigration Offices in Argentina. (If specified in the approval, proof that applicant has knowledge of Spanish required to take classes in Argentina.)

5 Official Invitation from Argentina:
Original letter of acceptance from school/university in Argentina.

Your university may have agreed to allow you to study in Argentina, but you have to be accepted by a university. The school year is March to December.

Argentinian Student Visa Requirements for US Citizens:
A valid passport and visa are required for study.

1 Passport Requirements:
Original, signed passport valid for 6 months beyond stay, with at least one blank visa page available for visa stamp(s). Amendment pages in the back of the passport are not suitable for visa stamps.

2 Argentinian Visa Application Form
One signed Argentina visa application form plus one copy.
Improperly completed Argentina visa application forms may delay the processing of your Argentina visa.

3 Photo Requirements:
One recent 2 x 2 passport type photograph, in color, front view and with a plain/white background.

OR - you can upload a passport photo to the Global Service Order Form when you place your order, instead of providing physical passport photos.

4 Other Forms:
Approval from Immigration Offices in Argentina. (If specified in the approval, proof that applicant has knowledge of Spanish required to take classes in Argentina.)

5 Official Invitation from Argentina:
Original letter of acceptance from school/university in Argentina.
Evidently he's not majoring in planning.

You're from NYC and you're moving to BA because you need "...a nice change of scenery"...have you really thought this through?...BA is a smaller, dirtier, noisier, ruder, insecurer, and "unstabler" version of NYC. You're trading the big apple for a smaller, rotten version of the same fruit.

The most beautiful regions of argentina are outside Buenos Aires so if you real nice change of scenery I suggest you move to either San Luis Province, San Martin de los Andes (Neuquén Province), Mendoza (except the capital), San Juan, Salta, Santa Cruz, or Rio Negro...guaranteed "nice and COMPLETELY DIFFERENT change of scenery from NYC.

Oh, by the way, the places I mentioned all have or are close to (except, I think, San Martin de los Andes) accredited universities and are close to or share a border with Chile (Andes mts included) so you'll also have a chance to visit that remarkable country.

Good luck.

Bs As smaller than NY? we re talking of more than 14 million people here!!

And its not like Baires is a smaller NY, is much more similar to other cities like Barcelona or Madrid, for example, or a bigger Montevideo, or have things of a lot of other Latin American cities.

need a nice change of scenery.

To echo what cmmiori said in a less aggressive/bitchy manor, it's true, think this one through.

I moved here because I needed a change of life, scenery just happened to be an ancillary change that came with moving to the opposite
side of the planet.

Now, I'm not perfect, I moved here sans Spanish, sans job, sans degree, sans plan, but I did look up what I needed incase I wanted to
work, study, live legally, or whatever here. My advise is the same to you. Like I've said to others, it's possible to pick up and move here
without much more than a couple thousand dollars and a suitcase (like I did) but it's not the best solution, and I strongly advise
anyone thinking the scenery here is quaint enough to warrant a move to search threads for people's bitching about dog shit
everywhere, broken sidewalks/roads/buildings, garbage (prior to Macri's new bins from what I've read) and outside CABA (even inside
too, look up Villas) poverty, especially among the Native Americans.

TL;DR Move here for a life changing experience, not a change of scenery.

To echo what cmmiori said in a less aggressive/bitchy manor, it's true, think this one through.

I moved here because I needed a change of life, scenery just happened to be an ancillary change that came with moving to the opposite
side of the planet.

Now, I'm not perfect, I moved here sans Spanish, sans job, sans degree, sans plan, but I did look up what I needed incase I wanted to
work, study, live legally, or whatever here. My advise is the same to you. Like I've said to others, it's possible to pick up and move here
without much more than a couple thousand dollars and a suitcase (like I did) but it's not the best solution, and I strongly advise
anyone thinking the scenery here is quaint enough to warrant a move to search threads for people's bitching about dog shit
everywhere, broken sidewalks/roads/buildings, garbage (prior to Macri's new bins from what I've read) and outside CABA (even inside
too, look up Villas) poverty, especially among the Native Americans.

TL;DR Move here for a life changing experience, not a change of scenery.

ARbound, thank you for your insight. I am aware of the ills that come along with BA- I am not expecting a utopian society. So you may know, all of the above cons come with New York City. For a fraction of what I am paying to live in a rough neighborhood in NYC, (rent per say in the South Bronx is about $1200 a month for a 1 bedroom) I could live a lot cheaper in BA at nicer location for a lot less money. I do agree with with the notion of coming to BA for a change of life, I am willing to take on something new and totally unique. NYC like many other cities is only geared for the rich and upper middle class, gentrification is ripping through our neighborhoods and the average non-yuppy/trust fund baby must fight everyday just to live to work. Again, I am not expecting perfect in regards to BA. I am expecting something different. Thank you for your concerns, I really appreciate it. I am young- nothing wrong with taking a risk... I will be fine.

Back