Moving To Ba At The End Of December

Ellis, I think you'll really like BA, especially coming from NY. BA crime is sort of what Ny's was in the late70's - the 1980's. It is a great place to live and you'll be fine here! Welcome!

Lydia, thank you for the heads up! I am sure I will be fine and love it in BA as well. All the best, take care!

I lived my whole adult life in NYC. In 2007 I sold my NYC apt and moved here to live. And I love it.
A lot of people here have a TV / Hollywood version of NYC. But have never lived / worked there.
Very different from the TV version. NYC is a nice town but you have to have a lot of $$$ to really enjoy it.
Not the case in BA. I think you're going to love it here. BA is not Utopia, but it is still a fantastic place.

I lived my whole adult life in NYC. In 2007 I sold my NYC apt and moved here to live. And I love it.
A lot of people here have a TV / Hollywood version of NYC. But have never lived / worked there.
Very different from the TV version. NYC is a nice town but you have to have a lot of $$$ to really enjoy it.
Not the case in BA. I think you're going to love it here. BA is not Utopia, but it is still a fantastic place.

Johnniewalker, you could have not of said it better. Half of the time in NYC I feel like a rat in a tunnel (literally). Thank you for your response, I am really looking forward in taking root in a new place.

Ghost, thanks for the hospitality. I have been accepted to study at the Universidad de Belgrano, I have all of this taken care of. I really don't understand your purpose, or need to to make pompous remarks to a complete stranger.

Your initial post on the 6th stated you were trying to decide where to study in BA, and on the 11th you tell us you were accepted by U of Belgrano. It didn't sound like you had planned ahead or even knew that you have to get a student visa before you leave NYC. A tourist visa will expire about the time classes begin in March.

I am aware of such necessary required documents, during the time of the post I was already accepted to two universities, I was just debating on which one to attend. Either way, even if it was not the case it does not call for a remark of such. To me, it is merely pathetic cyber bullying.

I am aware of such necessary required documents, during the time of the post I was already accepted to two universities, I was just debating on which one to attend. Either way, even if it was not the case it does not call for a remark of such. To me, it is merely pathetic cyber bullying.
Some people on this site have a certain negativity... Enjoy Argentina! I am sure you will have a great time here!

I came here about 2 years ago from San Francisco - another incredibly pricey US rat race city and my quality of life generally speaking has greatly improved. I think it depends on the person, but I find BsAs charming and actually like the fact that it isn't perfect. I feel a sense of freedom and relaxation here that eluded me in SF. I just moved into a really great place in Palermo Hollywood and I am floored at what I get for my money here - the same space in SF would be 4 or 5K month, easily. So I think coming from NYC you may experience a similar thing. Just ignore the haters...Best of luck!!

Congrats on your decision to come to BA! You'll find the the portenos have a unique culture, are very proud of who they are, and by being around them you'll learn to value the things that are truly important in life. Yes, there are some negatives here, and most people on this forum will jump at any opportunity to remind of of them, but living here is an amazing experience that you'll never regret.

Could somehow the comments on finding a job, an apt. and visas, be consolidated on a Permanent file so that every week when a Newbie asks these questions can find the answers...? Saving a lot of effort from expats? doing a Search is not easy At All!!

Back