Moving To Ba In February With The Family... From Nyc

We live with kids a little north of San Isidro, in Punta Chica. We are happy and feel pretty safe after a year here. It's a house, not in a gated community, but the price is reasonable and it has a fantastic backyard.

San Isidro is an amazing place to live, been here for last 6months, visited most of the areas here in the late night too and never felt unsafe. I dont know how La cava affects this area. But I must say its an amazing area, nice fresh winds from River, lot of trees covering the street, all medical facilities just a block away, restaurants etc....
Obviously its expensive...

Curiously, despite La Cava, San Isidro and the northern suburbs is where the rich live, is where the upper classes of the country have residency. There are lots of people on this forum living in northern suburbs, La Lucila, Vicente Lopez, San Fernando, Acassuso, San Isidro, Beccar and Tigre. Search notrthern suburbs, or some of these barrios, I would say they are quiet and nice, but not 100% safe.

Nothing is 100% safe.

San Isidro is lovely and lots of great houses. You don't need to be in a country or barrio cerrado. Pretty much all the neighborhoods have security. Gorgeous houses close to Libertador and that would be a straight shot for a commute, taking Parana or Pachecho or one of those.

Agree.
But knowing where la Cava is, choose a House far away from it.

http://wikimapia.org/1417065/es/Villa-La-Cava

I have lived in the northern suburbs for 20 months now. We live in a barrio cerrado just outside of Tigre but work and spend a lot of time in San Isidro, Martinez, Olivos etc. We love the area but are very glad we chose a barrio cerrado. In the last year alone I know 7 families who have been victims of home invasions in their 'safe' northern suburb houses far away from La Cava - from entering with adults when they are returning from work in the evening to the same with families on Sunday afternoon returning from the supermarket. I am not scaremongering - just saying you need to be very vigilant but if it's going to happen it's going to happen and nobody is immune.

Back