Moving To Ba Soon From Lebanon

ZouhairDaou

Registered
Hello all
I am from Lebanon (Midle East). I've recently joined to this wesite in order t learn the way of life in Argentia at all levels most important in both social and economic status, As I am thinking of visiting BA soon in the hope of job availability and stay there accordng to circumstances.

After reading some of the issues raised in this site. I know have some informtion about the state of Argentina, but I aspire to get more details on living there to become more involved and accurate of travelling to BA and getting the permanent residence in Argentina.

I will be pleased hearing from any member as soon as possible to help me to achieve this decision in my life and providing a chance for better communication.

Thank you to give me this opportunity to present my case.

My contact number and what's up : 00965 99477723

Best regards,
Zouhair

Welcome Zouhair!

You will find out that there are many people of Lebanese ascendance in Buenos Aires, so you will find a few restaurants and social institutions. There is a Catholic-Lebanese church in the downtown that I know of and a few mosques. You will find a lot of helpful information on this forum, feel free to ask any questions :)

Nik

Hi Nik!
Thank for your quick reply

I am glade that you give me this opportunity to know more details about Argetina. I have few concerns about getting visa as first step. I will be pleased if you could give me a name, address, or phone number of one of immigration offices in Argentina, as I tried to contact one of the companies in my country and I could not find a reliable and experienced office.

Best regards,

Hi Nik!
Thank for your quick reply

I am glade that you give me this opportunity to know more details about Argetina. I have few concerns about getting visa as first step. I will be pleased if you could give me a name, address, or phone number of one of immigration offices in Argentina, as I tried to contact one of the companies in my country and I could not find a reliable and experienced office.

Best regards,
If I was you I would try to contact the Lebanese Embassy in Buenos Aires http://www.ellibano.com.ar/docs/ or the Argentine embassy in Lebanon http://www.elbno.mre...c.gov.ar/ Hope and this is Immigration http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesibleingles/ this helps.

Why did you decide to move to BA? I would think that speaking fluent Spanish would be a requirement for almost any job. Do you speak fluent Spanish?

I am from Lebanon (Midle East). I've recently joined to this wesite in order t learn the way of life in Argentia at all levels most important in both social and economic status, As I am thinking of visiting BA soon in the hope of job availability and stay there accordng to circumstances.

After reading some of the issues raised in this site. I know have some informtion about the state of Argentina, but I aspire to get more details on living there to become more involved and accurate of travelling to BA and getting the permanent residence in Argentina.

As you are from Lebanon, I believe that you will need to get a 90 day tourist visa from the Argentine Embassy in Lebanon before you travel to Argentina. You might read posts about some expats "overstaying" their 90 day visas (which can be extended once at the office of migraciones) with only minor consequences (paying a $600 peso fee), but most (if not all) of them are residents of countries that are "exempt" from getting a visa prior to their arrival in Argentina.

I recently learned (from a post by Ceviche) that anyone who overstays a 90 day visa which was granted by an Argentine Embassy abroad will never get another one. If, when you apply for a tourist visa, you tell the Embassy staff that you hope to find work or get permanent residency in Argentina, you probably won't get a 90 day visa.

Getting permanent residency (in most cases) requires several years of temporary residency and you can learn about the various categories of temporary residency on the Argentine migraciones website as well as the Immigration For Dummies thread in this forum. Getting married to an Argentine or a foreigner with permanent residency or becoming the parent of a child born in Argentina are the "fastest" (but not necessarily the smartest) ways to get permanent residency.
emo32.gif

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_policy_of_Argentina

Come back after you get your visa. In the meantime, you're not really in a position to say you're "moving to BA soon." As you know the other Lebanese national active here never really made it to Argentina.

I've moved to several countries without anybody telling me when I ask for information in advance that people of my nationality who were going to move there had decided not to; that I'd find in any of the them people of my own culture, ethnicity, regional cuisine, and religion, or that I'd have to do the obvious thing of learning a local language to work there.

Definitely check out this forum for further information about visas, residency, getting a job, learning Spanish, meeting people, finding a place to live, etc. Try to locate the recent topics and updates under the search function, because things change all the time, and with the recent election of a new president, things are changing even more.
Clearly, the best way to see if Argentina is right for you is to come and visit and spend some time with your feet on the ground here. There are a lot of helpful expats and natives on this site, so once you've checked out the basics on your own, people are usually very forthcoming about helping you with specific questions.
Cheers!

Back