Moving to Buenos Aires & Teaching English

Hey there, that is great that you are interested in teaching in Buenos Aires. I definitely agree that you’ll have more chance of finding work once you’re there on the ground, especially as you guys are fluent in Spanish.

You’ll probably have a better chance of finding a decent job if you’re TEFL certified – but you might want to see how you get on with looking for jobs and then enrol on an online course later if employers require you to have done a TEFL course.

One thing that might come in useful is a free copy of TEFL Uncovered, as it’ll give you advice about looking for work, which course to do and how to present your CV. You can download it for free here: http://www.onlinetefl.com/contact-tefl-team/tefl-ebook.html

Good luck!

Thank you all for your replies. I am still doing a lot of research, and trying to figure out how everything would play through- So it's very helpful to read all suggestions and advice, so that when we get there we have an idea of what to expect.

We would not have to pay rent once we are there. I still have to figure out the money issue and the regular cost of living in BA. I just want to prepare myself as much as possible before we go. It's good to know that when we get there, we can find work; I was afraid of going all the way there, and then not finding work opportunities, which is why I asked if it should be "set up" or made a contact with someone in advance.

I have browsed some craigslist postings in BA, and it seems we could also pick up freelance design work etc.

Thanks Again!

Thank you Dolly, for all the info you've shared. I'm going to to a bit more research, and I will get back to you, as I'm sure I will have a few questions.

Thanks again!

Back