Mujeres Con Pelotas The Film

@thorsten The film is actually funded by the INCAA (Argentine Film Institute) which in this case gave minimal funding (no salaries for me or the co-director, no funds for adverstising, etc), the other questions I would be happy to answer but it would take me a long time to write--maybe 5 pages, or an hour long talk. Like many filmmakers I have a day job, which is San Telmo Productions--production services for TV and Film shoots in Argentina.

Are you just teasing him for saying soccer rather than futbol, or are you seriously saying that you don't think people would be interested in watching women play the game? I mean, everyone enjoys a good catfight, eh? Throw in the occasional artfully managed wardrobe malfunction, and I think you could fill the stands...

Yes, I know, that was a horribly sexist thing to say, and it deprecates the athleticism of the players, but this is a discussion of marketing, no? Sex sells, and the more chauvinistic the society, the more true that axiom becomes.
I would regard it as a slight reprimand; if you would permit me a wine analogy, then I shall consider myself some what of a football connoiseur and for that reason I frown upon the term "soccer" when its used to describe the game outside the united states lol.

Also, I must admit that I would probably better appreciate a sneaky wardrobe malfunction than the exuberance of athleticism in female football/soccer with all due respect, and having said that, I highlight the difference between entertainment and sports of which the correlation is strong but causation is a matter of preference :p

@Bkentfc I invite you to see the film as the real passion--play without money--is in female football today in Argentina.

I don't care for soccer, but I do like the title (and BAFICI).

You do mention that alot dont you.Some of us do like football which is why its the worlds most popular sport, I dont like many sports but I dont go around saying I dont like them all the time.

Question for the producer ? What do women do when forming a barrier when a penalty is about to be kicked? Men cover their Balls? :confused:

The movie title says a lot "Women With Balls"! is revealing of the attitude of Girls that play soccer. In Hockey Las Leonas Argentine champions doesn't attract big crowds, neither does ladies basketball. Sex on the field is not an attraction for the male public, other than the Cheer Leaders, Its not mud wrestling .
Did you see carlita Rebechi in Leonas, or the Hockey on grass Dutch team ?

You do mention that alot dont you.Some of us do like football which is why its the worlds most popular sport, I dont like many sports but I dont go around saying I dont like them all the time.

When it's warranted, I say good things about soccer (a word with British origins, by the way). Soccer and football may be equally boring, but at least the former is good exercise for kids until they acquire the hand-eye coordination essential to more complex sports. It also has the advantage of fewer concussions.

When it's warranted, I say good things about soccer (a word with British origins, by the way). Soccer and football may be equally boring, but at least the former is good exercise for kids until they acquire the hand-eye coordination essential to more complex sports. It also has the advantage of fewer concussions.

Yes soccer is used by upper class snobs who prefer rugby. That's why 99% of the British lower classed detest the word. That's why we say football, and I don't mean that North American egg chasing game ;-)

All I can say is go to a few games, it's rarely boring, although I personally don't like Argentine football that much. Too many stoppages for one thing.

@Rich One The movie might answer your question, after the screening in the BAFICI I will be there to take questions.

Back