Museo de Las Malvinas?

va2ba

Registered
Just came across this:

http://news.yahoo.com/argentina-open-museum-dedicated-falklands-003614892.html

Bet that they sure could have used some of the revenue from the cruise ships they turned away to pay for this 20 million dollar museum.

And seriously, wouldn't this money be better off paying for upgrades for the trains? 51 people died in the train crash, and ALL that this president can think of is Malvinas.

I am not saying that Argentines don't have a right to a museum for Malvinas, but right at THIS moment, I can't see it as anything other than a political ploy to try to take attention away from the train crash and all the other problems that are going on.

'twas never an empire.
This show of propaganda will make the falklnds no more argentine....
She also took the oportunity to figuratively stain the oposition parties by identifiing them to Videla.
What a way to play with the minds of the people

Argentina is projected to default on its payments in the coming years if it doesn't get its act together. That's the reason we are seeing so many drastic measures (sadly, most of them will destroy the economy further) being put in place so dramatically fast.

With all that in mind, I just can't fathom any government that cares for its people to be wasting money on museums or distracting attention from real issues to rumors of war (whether diplomatic or otherwise).

But then again, the K's don't give a crap about the people! And the people don't give a crap about themselves.

What she has proposed is a Museum dedicated to the loss of the ARA Belgrano. There already is a Museo de las Malvinas - or at least it was planned but it hasn't happened yet. Next time you're in Once (yeah, the irony, right?) look at the top floor of the building on the corner of Pueyrredon and Rivadavia and you can see the battered banner announcing the museum - acquired in 2008 and leased to art group Once Libre in 2009. They were kicked out by the Luis d'Elia in May 2011 but the space remains empty...

va2ba said:
Just came across this:

http://news.yahoo.com/argentina-open-museum-dedicated-falklands-003614892.html

Bet that they sure could have used some of the revenue from the cruise ships they turned away to pay for this 20 million dollar museum.

And seriously, wouldn't this money be better off paying for upgrades for the trains? 51 people died in the train crash, and ALL that this president can think of is Malvinas.

I am not saying that Argentines don't have a right to a museum for Malvinas, but right at THIS moment, I can't see it as anything other than a political ploy to try to take attention away from the train crash and all the other problems that are going on.
Dollars or pesos? If it's dollars, it's even worse.
One word to CFK.......INFRASTRUCTURE.
Or am I wasting my breath?

Gringoboy said:
Dollars or pesos? If it's dollars, it's even worse.
One word to CFK.......INFRASTRUCTURE.
Or am I wasting my breath?

Since the article didn't specify whether it is dollars or pesos, I will assume that it is dollars, since it was an AP article written in English.

The comments to that article are a treat. Anyway, its 20 Million US DOLLARS.

Back